Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

please help my magplar

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I just can't seem to get it where I want it and I'm not sure why!
I've tried
Heavy shacklebreaker
light brass
and now wizards reposte
I just feel what iver I try my stat pool is to low.
around 34k magika 25 health (pvp) 11k stam
How do I get my magika up higher with out sacrificing more stam.
I find if I run lower than 11k after 2 break frees im as good as dead especially against nb's
I run currently
5 warmaiden dw and jewllery
5 wizards reposte body
2 transmutation on back bar(recovery)
2 skoria
5/1/
dw bar : sweeps,
vampires bane,
radiant glory
toppling charge
inner light
Ice commit

s/b
focus
honour the dead
elusive mist
extended ritual
spell wall.

any advise is appreciated.

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sets you use are fine but your spread out with your skill selection.

Im guessing you get your major sorcery with a potion so that is why you dont slot entropy.

Seems like your burst consist of vamps bane, ice comet, toppling charge and either sweeps or radiant depending on your opponents health, praying that your skoria procs.

I dont get your back bar at all. Your commited to defense but then you have elusive mist on there.

I run fb -dual weild

Sweeps, purifying light, ritual of ret, unstable core, and reflective light and bats

Bb destro staff

Radiant destruction, focus, honor, spear, dark flare and soul assault.

My front bar is commited to close fights or setting up my burst with purifying light and UC.

My back bar is commited to my burst of reflective light, flare, spear, PL, UC, and either RO or soul assault.

I have the damage over time with reflective.
    The impending damage of unstable core and purifying light.
    And the imnediate damage of flare and radiant oppression.
    Spear sets up my cc
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur way to committed to your magicka.

U should have around 27k magicka, around 30k health and 13k stamina.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With shackle why do you only have 11k stam, sounds like you're using witchmothers or something. About 35k max isn't bad, just need to make up for with spell damage.

You can also heavy attack to get stam back, plus run immovables.

Are you an argonian?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I just can't seem to get it where I want it and I'm not sure why!
    I've tried
    Heavy shacklebreaker
    light brass
    and now wizards reposte
    I just feel what iver I try my stat pool is to low.
    around 34k magika 25 health (pvp) 11k stam
    How do I get my magika up higher with out sacrificing more stam.
    I find if I run lower than 11k after 2 break frees im as good as dead especially against nb's
    I run currently
    5 warmaiden dw and jewllery
    5 wizards reposte body
    2 transmutation on back bar(recovery)
    2 skoria
    5/1/
    dw bar : sweeps,
    vampires bane,
    radiant glory
    toppling charge
    inner light
    Ice commit

s/b
    focus
    honour the dead
    elusive mist
    extended ritual
    spell wall.

any advise is appreciated.

What race are you? Do you have max Undaunted?
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well where do you want it?

Your pools look fine

It depends on what your spell damage is.

Also depends on what you're trying to kill.

Oh and why no backlash? That's solid burst ability
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 31, 2017 9:14PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a breton with undaunted lvl 8 currently.
    sorry I forgot to say I have entropy on back bar for sorcery.
    I have 13k stam with shackle and 11k with wizards.
    2350 unbuffed spell dmg.
    I might try drop magika slightly and raise health and stam by using more try glyphs
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not sure why you only have 34k on a Breton seems low for one. On my argonian I have around 35k and 15-16k stam with two tri glyphs and tri stat. When I played breton I was always around 38-40k plus with 13k stam (that amount of stam is low for me now) without tri glyphs.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a breton vampire magplar.
    undaunted is lvl 8 nearly 9.
    I use entropy on back bar for sorcery I forgot to write it down.
    I use withcmothers brew.
    I'm considering changing mundus to apprentice and running 5 transmutation and 5 wizards 2 torugs and skoria. Thoughts on this?or should I keep warmaiden and wizards.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a million templar builds.

What type of pvp are you looking to do? Solo, small scale, zerg surfing, zerging, ganking, etc. Happen to be ps4 na?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im xbox eu.i normally play either solo or 2man group in imperial city or pve.im nit fan of zerging so try and aim for small scale pvp..hence ic
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭
    If you want more stats try spinners with Dw swords with neck/rings then heavy shackle with all tri star glyths. you should have around 40k magical 18k Stam and 25k with this setup when you get undaunted 9 that is.
    Hagnado
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Ur way to committed to your magicka.

U should have around 27k magicka, around 30k health and 13k stamina.

Lolz. So this is why you see so many spamplars running around with 30k health lol. Who the hell is passing out this kind of info.

Anyway, it’s fine to have around 35k magicka on a magplar. You have many sources of regen. In response to another post it’s fine to have mist form on your back bar so long as you plan on 1v1 or 1vX or very small scale. That’s the only reason to have it. In bigger groups vamp/mistofrm isn’t useful. Magplars have no mobility which is necessary when it comes to fighting out numbered.

Also consider running heavy, especially if you’re new to pvp or magplar. I’ve had a lot of luck with rattlecage and seducer and skoria. DW and SB. It’s a slightly tankier build with less burst than you’d get in light armor, but it’s survivabitly is insane.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 2, 2018 2:42AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a sustain set, a defensive set and valkyn skoria to help with burst. 5 light 2 heavy. Get used to anticipating damage and defending against it instead of letting it happen and you'll be fine. Your stats will vary largely on a magplar, and are totally dependant on your sets/ race.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run several sets I have all my points in magica so I'm around 37k magic 17k health 11k stam, lately I've been running wizards riposte (Jwl S&B) armour is 5 1 1 but I switch between heavy and light on my 5 piece julianos 2 skoria

I'm doing pretty decent on it considering I have no skill points in S&B I think I could do better

But honestly ignore build advice find your play style and build to compliment that you will know what you need by just figuring out how your playstyle works and where you can make it work with you

When I switch to healing instead of dealing damage I go all light and I'm tanky as hell using the right sets better than using heavy which is weird I know
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Syiccal

Your build is ok; I'd say you just need to practice...

Against Nightblades, the key to beating them is to pressure the living hell out of them; immovable/detection pots are a must...

If they are able to successfully run from you and stealth out as needed, then you are a deadman...

You gotta hit them and keep hitting them until they drop...

95% of the Nightblades out there are squishy cowards that will flee from you at the 1st sign of resistance, so try to fight them out in the open so they can't run and hide behind objects and break your line of sight...

Purifying Light combined with a good follow up combo is lethal to them once you get strong enough...

Good luck to you...

:)

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Roaldy
    Roaldy
    ✭✭✭
    @Syiccal

Against Nightblades, the key to beating them is to pressure the living hell out of them; immovable/detection pots are a must...

If they are able to successfully run from you and stealth out as needed, then you are a deadman...

95% of the Nightblades out there are squishy cowards that will flee from you at the 1st sign of resistance, so try to fight them out in the open so they can't run and hide behind objects and break your line of sight...

Purifying Light combined with a good follow up combo is lethal to them once you get strong enough...

Good luck to you...

Don't forget to tell him how OP CP Is!!
    Hagnado
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roaldy wrote: »
    @Syiccal

Good luck to you...

Don't forget to tell him how OP CP Is!!

Only my personal inner circle of fellow Vampire Lords are privy to the unimaginable power of the Combat Physician gear set!!!

;,,,,;
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on January 2, 2018 6:35PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna try Scathing + Axiom DW

Anyone test scathing?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anyone test scathing?
    One issue I see with that is that scathing only procs from 'direct' critical hits, whereas most templar abilities seem to count as damage over time/channeled abilities. I think scathing would be better on a magblade, but even on a magblade I wouldn't use it. A 6 sec uptime seems to be kinda meh on a set with such specific proc terms.
    Edited by Koensol on January 2, 2018 7:03PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tested Scathing before and I think it's great; especially when combined with Ice Hearts and an already high Spell Crit...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

Anyone test scathing?
    One issue I see with that is that scathing only procs from 'direct' critical hits, whereas most templar abilities seem to count as damage over time/channeled abilities. I think scathing would be better on a magblade, but even on a magblade I wouldn't use it. A 6 sec uptime seems to be kinda meh on a set with such specific proc terms.

Excellent point...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds