The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Crates for January

Living_Ded
Living_Ded
✭✭✭
Will they be changing them? Or will we still be in Flame Crate season?
@LivingDed
necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait for the PTS and look out for the datamining, new crates and item shop stuff might be seen there
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame should switch to something new in early March.
    signing off
    Options
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they cut the Reaper's Harvest crates short by about a month by dropping the Flame Atronach crates earlier than expected. I'm sure this was a "Q4 profits" type maneuver, but nonetheless, it has possibly shifted the dates on the previously-seen-as-traditional "seasons" that each season of Crown Crates had.

First season began in late December 2016 (Storm Atronach). They were replaced in March 2017, roughly 3 months later, with Wild Hunt. Morrowind dropped at the beginning of June and was immediately followed by the Dwemer Crate season which ran up until Reaper's Harvest began in, I think, September. Reaper's Harvest was very, very Halloween oriented (skeletal pets, demon masks, etc.) and might have seemed like a strange selection for a crate season that would push all the way up until the week before/of Christmas. That being the case, Reaper's Harvest got cut short by about a month with no word from ZOS that I ever saw (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) and were replaced with the current Flame Atronach Crate Season.

If ZOS holds to the "seasonal" approach with the Crown Crates, we can possibly expect the next season to begin 3 months after the current season began - putting it in February rather than March. All speculation, mind you. Just seems odd they would have a season run for an extra month just to put it back on the old schedule when they'll just run into the same thing again in 2018 with the already-scheduled release for 1st, 3rd, and 4th Quarter DLCs and the annual 2nd Quarter Chapter drop. They would be wise to stagger the release dates and maximize profits and not hit the player base up with a boatload of new items all in the course of a single pay period.

Again, speculation. Could easily be wrong. ZOS's ability to manipulate our Crowns-purchased-with-dollars is impressively calculated, but also very secretive.
    Options
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them should have all types of the boxes available at all times.

Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably around March or late February is my guests. It is kinda wierd though having spooky ones so long.
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess March, too.

They won't want to pop new ones until people have spent most of the crowns they bought on sale on random stuff they otherwise never would have bought. Those same people will then go and buy more for the new crates (currently trying to refrain from buying Pariah's Pinnacle for that exact logic! I wouldn't even consider paying for crowns to buy it... but now that I have 65k just sitting there :s )
    Options
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eatmyface wrote: »
    I'd guess March, too.

They won't want to pop new ones until people have spent most of the crowns they bought on sale on random stuff they otherwise never would have bought. Those same people will then go and buy more for the new crates (currently trying to refrain from buying Pariah's Pinnacle for that exact logic! I wouldn't even consider paying for crowns to buy it... but now that I have 65k just sitting there :s )

65k!!! TF boi!? I think I will eat your face... But for real, I hope the next one drops sooner rather than later and has a theme I actually take interest in... Wild-Hunt has been the only one I've liked thus far with the exception of select items...
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess March, too.

65k!!! TF boi!? I think I will eat your face... But for real, I hope the next one drops sooner rather than later and has a theme I actually take interest in... Wild-Hunt has been the only one I've liked thus far with the exception of select items...

@ajdawson18ub17_ESO Christmas = gift cards that can be used online and nothing better to do with them. Hopefully it goes towards some quality of life in the game as opposed to designing another flowery hat!

EDIT: ...hopefully it (the $300 I spent) goes towards...
    Edited by Eatmyface on December 31, 2017 4:03AM
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ajdawson18ub17_ESO Christmas = gift cards that can be used online and nothing better to do with them. Hopefully it goes towards some quality of life in the game as opposed to another flowery hat!
    I know, right? My mother gave me a $50 Steam gift card. Guess what that got spend on, with the crown sale going on right now?

Options
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wont spend a single crown on flame crates. I'm waiting for whatever comes next..the flame crate items suck. No matter what they put next has to be better
    Edited by monktoasty on January 1, 2018 6:49AM
    Options
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Them should have all types of the boxes available at all times.

or at least a variety of crates
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
    Options
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    Buy a crate to get a random set of crates?
    Options