Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Semi-returning player

dposdb14_ESO
dposdb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

Hope everyone had a good holiday.
So I'm returning after being away a little bit. I left before the buff timers and la/ha changes while bsw-divines was the go to set. I'm just wondering where I can go (website) to find the most current top builds/gear/rotations for pve gameplay? I prefer playing my magicka and stamina sorcs, but dabble in all the classes if it makes a difference.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with alcasthq as the site to go to for builds.

Just keep in mind as you build to understand the HOW AND WHY the builds work.

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An alternative to Alcast is Xynode.
    He goes in depth about why his builds work, where to get gear (some of it very easy, yet extremely effective), and overall just a great guy.
    If you don't want to run the same cookie cutter builds everyone else is using and not lose any effectiveness, give Xynode a look. His Ez Sorc build does amazing damage without beating your head against the wall for gear.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-rM-3hfqAOSLSP3w_W57Iw
  • dposdb14_ESO
    dposdb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So, I'm checking out alcasts pve builds for magicka and stamina sorc builds. But he has them listed for homestead, morrowind, horns of the reach, and clockwork city. I have morrowind but not horns or clockwork. So should I be using the builds listed under morrowind?
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should look at Clockwork, as Alcast updates the builds with each DLC as often patches are included in these major updates and these can make changes, so Clockwork City would be the most recent.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind/cwc etc just indicate the builds have been updated based off the base game changes that have come with that update. They arent specifically for the dlc content. So cwc are the ones you want.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes CWC is the current patch, the other builds are basically for legacy purposes only. Xynode is great too, give him a watch.
  • dposdb14_ESO
    dposdb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I'll be scoping everything out. My immediate goal right now is to get reacquainted with the game and get back into grouping and running vma again. Maybe back into trials later on. Speaking of vma, how is now? I use to run it on my stam sorc, stam temp, and stam dk. Is it about the same or harder/easier? Is there a new top class or is it still dominated by stam sorcs.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Morrowind/cwc etc just indicate the builds have been updated based off the base game changes that have come with that update. They arent specifically for the dlc content. So cwc are the ones you want.

That's correct with one exception: Alcast uses the Asylum weapons in some builds, and those drop in the Asylum Sanctorium trial in Clockwork City. :)

But for the most part you indeed don't need the latest DLCs to get the gear.

VMA was and is generally easier on magicka classes, since they are ranged, have shields and stronger self-heals. Easiest probably is magicka sorc with two pets. :)

Edited by Loc2262 on January 2, 2018 4:06PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP