Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling Crafting

Tabsz
Tabsz
Hi,
I am curious to know at the moment i only have one character that i am playing the game with, is it possible to invest skill points in my skills and have enough to put in Woodworking? I want to be able to make Destruction staffs but is that worht the effort or does the game give you staffs better that what you can make?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not found any downside to investing in a few crafting skills, and I haven't even gotten all the skill points from quests or exhausted the supply of skyshards yet. I think there's probably enough, especially if you're only interested in the one crafting skill. Since you can always respec later, I would go for it. If you decide later that you want to redo your build and reclaim the points you put into crafting for other things, it just costs a few thousand gold to get all your skill points back and redistribute them. :)
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, more than enough skill points in the game
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will need the skill points from leveling to 50 and at least 2 alliances to fully spec combat skills, general passives and minimally spec crafting (no temper, consumable multiplier, training etc.).
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting through just the base game will give you an absolute boat load of skill points, add to that dlc zones, group dungeons, main quests, and even some side quests etc and having a master Crafter and an end game build is not a problem, it’s just a very long road but remember that eso is a marathon, not a sprint :)

And welcome to the world
    Edited by Integral1900 on December 25, 2017 12:28PM
  • Tabsz
    Tabsz
    Great, Thanks guys i will do that put some points into woodworking and enchanting, so i can make some nice staffs :)
  • Zomni
    Zomni
    Soul Shriven
    Glad I saw this. Virtually what I wanted to do. Purely interested in clothing (light armour), woodwork and enchanting, to support a decent dps magika sorcerer. I always seem to worry I'm not being conventional enough when veering away from classic, or expected builds; like I'm wasting points.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im on CP501 have lvl crafting complete to 50 with skill points in all i need them to be, lvl my class and weapons passives and actives and have still found for my main crafter only 320ish skyshards plus he still gets some from quests and i have around 5 skillpoints i just dont know where to put into :) Welcome to Tamriel
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Tabsz
    Tabsz
    Im on CP501 have lvl crafting complete to 50 with skill points in all i need them to be, lvl my class and weapons passives and actives and have still found for my main crafter only 320ish skyshards plus he still gets some from quests and i have around 5 skill points i just dont know where to put into :) Welcome to Tamriel

wow that is good to know, so i am looking to invest in woodworking and enchanting but i am levelling others as well. i will only spend points in them once i have spent in my other skills. good to know i will have tons to spend just need to put more effort in levelling my character.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    You can earn up to 382 skill points so yea :)...
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills#Earning_Skill_Points
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Tabsz
    Tabsz
    Cool thanks
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to fully skill one craft, you should aim at 200+ skillpoints. For three crafts (since motifs are character specific, you would want all crafts that use them on the same character, i.e. woodworking, tailoring and blacksmithing) you should aim at 250+ skillpoints.

Add another ~20 if you intend to go werewolf or vampire. Skilling the passives for dark brotherhood and thieves guild will require another ~30.

Of those 383 skillpoints mentioned above, 50 are from participating in pvp and to get all 50 you need to reach aliance war rank 50, which is a one year grind or thereabout. Another ~30 are from 4-man dungeons.

Soloable quests, skyshards and levelups provide you with approx. 300 skillpoints.
  • Tabsz
    Tabsz
    Wow thanks Leanor that puts things in perspective. i need to re-allocate my points i have not done a good job of them, i have hardly put anything in my passives. i am lvl 28 so when i hit 29 i will re-spec put some points in my passives. Just been spending time trying to get infected with vampirism, cant believe i spent so much time getting beat up by bloodfiends and still did not get infected :(
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabsz wrote: »
    Wow thanks Leanor that puts things in perspective. i need to re-allocate my points i have not done a good job of them, i have hardly put anything in my passives. i am lvl 28 so when i hit 29 i will re-spec put some points in my passives. Just been spending time trying to get infected with vampirism, cant believe i spent so much time getting beat up by bloodfiends and still did not get infected :(

Only those NPCs who spawn in the 5th alliance zone can infect you with vampirism or lycanthropy. So in order to get infected you need to be in Reaper's March (AD), Bangkorai (DC) or The Rift (EP). None or them are particularly useful for end game PvE, and they may even be detrimental, but vampirism has some good passives and skills for PvP.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tabsz
    Tabsz
    Asardes wrote: »
    Tabsz wrote: »

Only those NPCs who spawn in the 5th alliance zone can infect you with vampirism or lycanthropy. So in order to get infected you need to be in Reaper's March (AD), Bangkorai (DC) or The Rift (EP). None or them are particularly useful for end game PvE, and they may even be detrimental, but vampirism has some good passives and skills for PvP.

cool thanks i did not know that will go there tonight. i played as both werewolf and vampire in skyrim so want to try it here as well.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    its been so long since I played Skyrim that I can't remember if I was either a vampire or werewolf so I know i am for sure going to have to try them in this game. My question is if one character is a mag sorcerer, mainly used for ranged dps & my other character is a mag DK, again mainly used for ranged dps but also dual weild dps sometimes also, which disease would be more beneficial to my classes? would my DK benefit more from not catching either since a lot of his skills use fire and if I'm correct that should be weaknesses to infected characters
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For Magicka classes Vampire is more beneficial, but only if you PvP since in PvE you really don't need that much recovery. Sorcerer really doesn't need the vampire skills since it has enough mitigation, mobility and decent ultimates, but Magicka DK does, especially Mist Form and Bat Swarm. WW skills are generally weak, and not recommended even for Stamina characters.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: