The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds group-finding system

AndyTGD
AndyTGD
✭✭✭
I say this as someone who loves ESO and values the incredible potential it has, but Battlegrounds is broken - specifically, the group-finding system is horrendously broken and has to be changed. At the minute the Group Finder has a tiny chance of putting together more-or-less balanced teams which make Battlegrounds fun - and when it is fun, it is brilliant. But almost every time you're teamed with two or three other people, say cp 200-300s. To make matters worse, you're frequently placed against a pre-made team of cp 690s, who will easily dominate the game - grinding the guys (who have only just met) to dust. This is not fun for anyone and is extremely frustrating.
Edited by AndyTGD on January 1, 2018 8:49PM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    until you get cp690 and find someone willing to face the exact same group combinations in premades doing the same old boring routines hour after hour, I suggest you wait. If BG's exist when you hit cp690, which I doubt.
  • AndyTGD
    AndyTGD
    ✭✭✭
    until you get cp690 and find someone willing to face the exact same group combinations in premades doing the same old boring routines hour after hour, I suggest you wait. If BG's exist when you hit cp690, which I doubt.

Won't be long until I max out, but can't speak for anyone else, but I'm practically at the point of just running pure PVE. Well, if it wasn't for needing to acquire Wizard's Riposte for giggles, like everyone else.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed that too. If you fight against premade there is 90% chance that your teammates will be low cp players. Not to mention that q system still working bad and you can sit in q even if there is alot of players queueing at same time.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Noticed that too. If you fight against premade there is 90% chance that your teammates will be low cp players. Not to mention that q system still working bad and you can sit in q even if there is alot of players queueing at same time.

It’s because pre-mades will run for long periods of time so the usually active players aren’t in queue anymore because pre-made vs pug isn’t usually fun so they do something else. This means it’s you, a couple of other people who aren’t tired of fighting pre-makes yet and whatever ransoms are just grabbing a BG without knowing what’s going on
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now rolling my healer in PVP and all those low CP guys that drop as soon as someone farts into their direction makes it rather less enjoyable
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played Battlegrounds since they were No CP, because as a reasonably experienced PVPer, I had no desire to keep getting queued with randoms against a series of pre-made groups. I mean, I'm sure its fun when you're on the pre-made team, but personally I don't enjoy getting mashed again and again on my healer. Nor did I see anything so fun that got me interested enough to make a build specifically for Battlegrounds. So I haven't been back.

At least when I'm getting farmed in Cyrodiil, there's plenty of other fun things I can go do that doesn't involve fighting and dying to the same group of players over and over again. Getting farmed is boring and annoying in Cyrodiil and its boring and annoying in Battlegrounds too.