The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The secret to opening doors

Malamar1229
Malamar1229
✭✭✭✭✭
It seems when I have a group chasing me down I can't get the GD postern doors in a keep to open quick enough. Yet every time I am chasing someone they seem to enter the door the moment they touch the door ramp/steps.

Roll dodging to the door seems to work, anyone know the secret to how these players are getting in without the door opening animation?
Edited by Malamar1229 on December 31, 2017 8:28PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CE.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Macros.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHQ-37SVoAQj6og.jpg
    Edited by Elsonso on January 1, 2018 1:43AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give it a kick
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what really sucks is when you start spamming enter - finally enter the keep, and, immediately find yourself back outside again...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheathe your weapons before getting to the door. Don’t be pressing your forward key as you’re pressing the open button. Let the open function “pull” you the rest of the way to the door.
  • pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    CE.

i prefer macros
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use ambush to stop someone from entering teh keep and this happens, then I just stop fighting, because ZOS could call me an exploiter instead of fixing it.
    PC/EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use ambush to stop someone from entering teh keep and this happens, then I just stop fighting, because ZOS could call me an exploiter instead of fixing it.

Probably for the best, because whether it happens accidentally or deliberately, ambushing into a keep is an exploit. That you don't take advantage of it is the best way to not exploit the flaw in the game.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably the same secret trick that allows people to burn a camp without having to press the button 397 times.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    It's probably the same secret trick that allows people to burn a camp without having to press the button 397 times.

It's because you have yet to unleash the secret of burning said camp without using a torch in the first place. The camp just happens to start burnin' with the power of your mind if you focus enough. B)
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You need to animation cancel the door.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • wendal
    wendal
    ✭✭✭
    DHQ-37SVoAQj6og.jpg

This is my favourite all time Larson, with the penguin slipping on a banana skin coming in at a close 2nd.