The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My PvP Christmas wishlist for Santa ZOS

Irylia
Irylia
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m just here for the pvp
(Share your ideas)

-new cyro map / smaller size with strategic terrain
-lower camp pop and shor 30 day
-campaign for small groups only and no factions. just a brawl with maybe a leaderboard showing guild kills
-bg custom matches
-quest boards that send groups of varying sizes around the map to unused portions to accomplish a mission (convoy/covert info retrieval) once a faction accepts a quest the other ones can accept the same mission to prevent them from being successful (whoever accomplishes the quest earns a reward for their faction. Cheaper siege cost, stronger guards or Tougher keep walls for x minutes. Could also do the negative to an enemy as well if you win. Increase their cost of siege, weaker guards or walls.
-debuffs to large groups that exceed group cap so as to encourage spreading out around the map.
-more towns that have an actual influence on camp scoring and require x people to flip flags so that one person doesn’t go solo to flip them.
-earthgore no longer absorbs ground effects or only heals one person when proc’d
-destro eots circumference minimized.
Or changed to
Inferno: lobs fire ball at a single target for x damage on impact. Can’t be dodged and gives the caster minor beserk for x seconds as well as a burn dot on the Target during the beserk duration.
Ice: creates an aoe ice ripple (Ice boss in ic) that shoots out icicles to snare enemies within a 8 meter radius and deals damage to them for each icicle that hits. Each icicle after the first doing less dmg 75/50/25%
Lightning: a magicka db cone that shoots out an electrical pulse to stun enemies and deal damage.
All these ult reworks cost 150
-befoul cp removed
-snares and slows have major and minor 30/15 and last for 4 seconds (players already constantly spam and reapply so 10 seconds is far too long especially for classes with no cleanse mechanic.
-wardens ult gen down to minor not major on shimmering
-incap increased to 85 or remove the 20% dmg buff or defile
-resto thicket and sb ult increase by another 10
-update to magdk skills
.petrify range restored
.shifting standard now moves with you on your back
.burning embers not purgeable
.cinderstorm 10m radius and provides minor protection
-update to magsorc
.hard ward can’t stack with another major ward I.e harness/dampen
.frag stun removal reverted
.rune cage Stam morph goes through block magical version is defensive and applies like the old version
.curse doesn’t have haunting
.streak (remove the initial or end delay on streak) cleanses a debuff and its stack increase isn’t as steep (alternatively give all gap closers the same treatment as streak) people run faster than magsorc streaks now days especially when a slow has been applied to the sor
.encase gets bombard treatment and doesn’t slow as an after effect.
.fury only procs on a target that the sorc has previously damaged for 50% of their health
.pets removed from sorc skill line and replaced with a heal ability of sorts and a casting buff to increase casting speed of abilities
.mines do 75/50/25% damage of the first for each one hit after the initial
-magplar class updates
.shards stun
.jesus beam does more execute damage to the target the closer they are to the caster and less the further away they are.
-factionless option for groups of up to 6 max. Factionless players fight everyone and cannot take keeps. They spawn at imperial guard camps around various locations on the map allowing them to rogue attack and disrupt different locations and spread fights out
-resources that are not on the emp ring provide more scoring ticks than ones on the emp ring I.e faregyl dragonclaw rayles etc
-magicka speed immovs
-trollking now doubles your current health regen when below 50% and does not provide hp gen. Lasts 6 seconds with a cooldown of 6 (requires a player to spend more into hp gen to be able to take full use now)
-pirate skeleton lasts 8 and cooldown of 6
-mistform cannot be snared or slowed
-gapclosers have no unique snare outside of specific morphs
-cloak gets the streak increase nerf
-7th legion procs once every 5 seconds on being hit and applies both the heal and dmg buff but no longer has a chance to heal you for every source of incoming damage
-asylum 2h ult gen is nerfed to 10
-snipe no longer applies defile just minor fracture stacking up to 5 times
-passive stealth is removed or damage from crouch is significantly reduced
-pets are now a world skill line called beast trapper 5 unique pet (double bar) toggles and a beast tamer ultimate that frenzies pets increasing their speed and damage by 25%
-soul assault can be bashed
-ballista doesn’t go through walls
-roll dodge (every roll after first within 4 second refresh) cost increase by 10% on current
-pvp crafting bag for siege, repair and camps
-update to rewards of the worthy (ap event boxes)
-ic can now be accessed via alternative tunnels between each factions 2 Home keeps. A direct entrance into the tunnels and allows players to traverse through the sewers and resurface in districts/or between other factions Home keeps.
In an attempt to provide access to the map and stir fights in locations barely used. In Addition it allows groups to make covert attacks on keeps that are further away from the frontline
-ic open to the public
-remove outposts and place large abandoned cities like cheydinhal (larger scale) I.e. think ic districts with buildings . open entrances buildings/alleys etc that players can roam through on their way to an adjacent keep or steer clear of and go around. Provide more unique fighting terrain that isn’t conquerable and also delays spawns and reinforcements to keep takes hopefully distributing population and lag. (Can add flags to these cities to show which faction is dominating the area)

Yea sure it isnt perfect and you may disagree. How about sharing your own ideas instead of telling me how mine won’t work. They are just ideas and wishful thinking changes.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stuff I disagree with:

Smaller Cyro map with strategic terrain is basically what battlegrounds already is. Being able to customize battlegrounds, like a gamemaster menu where one could organize events between participants, would be really cool though. Larger battlegrounds accomodating medium-sized PvP (3 teams of 8 people, 2 teams of 12, etc.) could be interesting.

Lower pop campaigns and 30 days Shor. There's plenty of empty campaigns. They aren't popular. People will just keep queuing into Vivec or whatever campaign has the most pop in it. While large group play isn't popular among the elite PvP population, it has large numbers for a reason. Most people like it in one way or another. Forcing them to go into another playstyle isn't really going to magically make them like small scale. And 7 days Shor is a lot more interesting at the moment than 30 days Sotha, mostly because the emp flipping dynamic keeps things relatively fresh. Sotha died because of emp hogs. Let's not do it again.

Resto/S&b/Trees ult costs. I agree with the tree heals, it shouldn't scale as high when a stam wardens uses it and can dish out a ton of damage while using it and isn't even on a mag build. But resto +s&b are fine as is. I like the specialization opportunities they provide, ie: DK tanks who are just pug magnets, mag builds than can off heal, etc.

Ballista going through walls. That ult is already underused, don't think a nerf is necessary. It's one of the few counterplays to LoS.

Update to MagDK skills. Probably would need to elaborate, but they don't feel underpowered in PvP duels, PvP tanking, PvE DPS, PvE tanking and large PvP group play. Increasing the range on unblockable Petrify and making Burning Embers would just be way too OP. If anything, StamDKs are the ones who need an update. They could use a revision on what skills can casted while blocking though.

Debuffs to large groups. Just no. People like to play as a group. Just because plenty of people look down on that form of gameplay doesn't mean they should receive an inherent disadvantage for doing so. People won't start spreading around the map simply because they can no longer be grouped in groups of 24. They'll keep going around the Nikel/Sej/Bleakers frontline.

Cloak is already a fragile little thing, don't think it needs a nerf. It's an integral part of the class, with plenty of counterplay available.

The stuff I agree with:

Destro could be revised. Smaller radius when using EoTS is a good one, a reduction of damage when two EoTS overlaps also a good one.

Earthgore. There could be a cap on how many it heals. 4 is probably a good start, one is way too few.

Pet world skill line could be fun, maybe. I think more realistic is adding an Undaunted ultimate.

Repopulating IC by giving it away from free, making it accessible from the home base. Not sure about providing a shortcut to the other end of the map, most definitely not if it is accesible from the base.

Non-emp ring ressources worth more points is a good idea to make people spread out. I'd also say that putting a 5 points value on the trikeeps and 1 point as is now on the emp keeps would be good. Would help shift priorities a little bit.

More options for potions for sure would be welcome. And so would more opportunities to earn ingredients through PvP. Wreaths you could deconstruct for plants as PvP rewards would be great.

Factionless limited group would be great. People would have to queue for it, and they'd be automatically grouped and given a specific objective that would provide a valuable reward if completed. Can only spend a limited time in that group, quests are given to somewhat help balance the map. For example, 2 bars of pop across the board opens the group to 6 people, 3 bars 12 people, poplocked 18 people. The objective is to capture something the dominant faction holds on the map.

PvP craft bag, *** yes.

What I'd add:

Siege synergies. Iceballs, lightning ballistas, oil catapults, stone catapults are nearly useless. Lightning ballistas ignoring snare immunity would be a good way to slow down large groups, as would rat catapults that would fear large groups. Oil catapult and fire ballistas synergizing into a ground fire has good possibilities. Small 5-10 people camps would be nice too.

Revisit the physical disposition of Bleakers and Nikel gates to make them more bridgelike. A double gated corridor, for example. I'd also add flags on the two other gates that, if captured by the same faction, would lock the gate that is on the emp ring.

I'd also add a deconstructed scroll, pieces of which would be held in small destructible buildings and which could be assembled to make a third scroll to take home. To redeconstruct it, the faction to which it belongs would have to bring it to a side deep in the third faction's territoy. So, say, DC takes its own back from AD, it has to bring it to the Moth Ancestor temple in EP's land to have the pieces restored to their original location.

A serious revision of ice magic and how to make it relevant. Frost tanking never took off.

A 3 strikes out Emping system. Once a person has been emped 3 times, they are out of the leaderboards and get the rewards youd get for winning the campaign. I'd also add some kind of overpowered mechanic that would be single-use by an emp, which would result in them being deposed. Think of something like an Ascension abilitiy, which wipes everyone at the final keep at the cost of your emperorship.

An easy way to shift CPs like you would with gear in dressing room, at no cost.

Add more guild spots, yo. The social aspect is what keeps people glued to the game, cater to it. Shouldn't feel like Sophie's choice when you want to drop a guild to join another because prospective guild caters to something a little bit more niche that you want to be involved in.

Last but not least: Ban Miat's. But apparently something is coming in regards to what info is fed in the API so maybe I'll get my wish.

Edited by gabriebe on December 29, 2017 7:15PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Bow heavy attacks reverted so they can be held in place
    • Game doesn't kick you out of IC, or Cyrodiil unless campain is full (WHY DID THEY CHANGE THIS)
    • Access to guild banks/store in cyrodiil banker.
    • Keep wall repair and other pvp repair consumables stack to 200
    • Find a way to let siege stack, maybe it repairs when you put it back in inventory
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 29, 2017 7:07PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/238770/what-if-hypothetically-cyrodiil-and-siege-worked-like-this#latest

I would have liked siege and the space of Cyrodiil and IC to be used something in that fashion.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your slate of ideas, mostly. This, though:

* befoul CP is removed

It's OP, obviously, but it's a circular problem with the high-octane heals on the warden and templar classes. They can't keep nerfing those, but they are still OP in PVP. So befoul and various abilities that defile are needed... but then those are used on all five classes, of course, so they need high-octane heals too or some kind of mitigation, but if there's mitigation, the wardens and templars will use it too if they want to keep their awesome heals...

I'm actually laughing as I type this, both the heals AND the OPness of befoul are problems, but I really have no idea how they're going to fix that. Maybe they should add disease resistance with five pieces of medium armor. ;)
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/238770/what-if-hypothetically-cyrodiil-and-siege-worked-like-this#latest

I would have liked siege and the space of Cyrodiil and IC to be used something in that fashion.

I like this
    Anything really to get players moving across the map and using it. Which is why I suggested debuffs to people who exceed the 24 group cap. If you have 24 and run around next to 10+ other of your faction I think that should be penalized.
    In turn those organized 12-16 may drop their numbers as well
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO Live

Publius Scipio v. Dubzug

thumb wrestling
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"crew served weapon"

:o

full chub
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't just give magicka a undodgeable burst damage ultimate, nerf cloak, nerf Troll King (while not touching Skoria and Shadowrend LOL) and nerf dodgeroll without giving stamina anything in return. I neither like Troll King or Cloak (even tho I'm a nightblade I do hate that skill) but it's not possible to nerf it without giving stamina something else, like a stam based shield for example...

No buffs to stam Dk/Sorc/Temp but buffs to magicka Dks, seriously? Just because 99% of the mag Dk community refuse to slot their gapcloser (for whatever reason) doesn't mean that the class needs a buff...

Stam is already struggling so much (less sustain, less pressure and less defense than magicka - that's just a fact) and your NA tournaments are just as well heavily magicka dominated. It sounds like that you don't care about magicka overperforming at all and want to have nerfed rollerblade into the same trash tier like stamdk, stamsorc and stamplar currently are (with bow). If anything medium armor needs buffs (more defense) and after that (and only after that) you can tune down Cloak.

My wishlist: Being actually viable on a medium armor bow build in duels...
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on December 29, 2017 10:44PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want this tank and snare meta to end
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to pick the faction I want to queue for at the start of the campaign or have a mercenary mode where I can join the underdog faction in an active campaign.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't just give magicka a undodgeable burst damage ultimate, nerf cloak, nerf Troll King (while not touching Skoria and Shadowrend LOL) and nerf dodgeroll without giving stamina anything in return. I neither like Troll King or Cloak (even tho I'm a nightblade I do hate that skill) but it's not possible to nerf it without giving stamina something else, like a stam based shield for example...

No buffs to stam Dk/Sorc/Temp but buffs to magicka Dks, seriously? Just because 99% of the mag Dk community refuse to slot their gapcloser (for whatever reason) doesn't mean that the class needs a buff...

Stam is already struggling so much (less sustain, less pressure and less defense than magicka - that's just a fact) and your NA tournaments are just as well heavily magicka dominated. It sounds like that you don't care about magicka overperforming at all and want to have nerfed rollerblade into the same trash tier like stamdk, stamsorc and stamplar currently are (with bow). If anything medium armor needs buffs (more defense) and after that (and only after that) you can tune down Cloak.

My wishlist: Being actually viable on a medium armor bow build in duels...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/369719/101-pvp-cyro-changes-ideas-fixes/p1

I had other stam changes in here and wasn't steering clear of them because I didn't think they needed love but simply because I"m putting up ideas to generate conversation and players with ideas can add onto the "list". For stamdk, stamplar, etc etc.

I play stamdk and I know the healing is suffering. If you are in heavy you get rooted constantly w/o forward momentum and if you use that you can't heal nearly as well. If you play medium dk then your movement isn't as easy and your more susceptible to being blasted. despite having rally/shuffle
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    I would like to be able to pick the faction I want to queue for at the start of the campaign or have a mercenary mode where I can join the underdog faction in an active campaign.

So would I.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be too much to ask for a major and minor snare system so everybody and their grandma isn't snaring me. There is only a snare on just some classes most important skills. Glad I can get snared 500% because my magplar has way too much mobility anyways.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be too much to ask for a major and minor snare system so everybody and their grandma isn't snaring me. There is only a snare on just some classes most important skills. Glad I can get snared 500% because my magplar has way too much mobility anyways.

Plz
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only pvp wish would be that dk's get a finisher/execute.

This wont happen but i think a smaller pvp map, where you cant group, no factions, and is basically a free for all, every man for himself. Probably would be monopolised in some way so it wont happen, but wishful thinking and all that jazz.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a really smart, comprehensive list of changes that would make cyrodiil so much better of an experience.

Things I think are great and creative ideas:
    Irylia wrote: »
    -snares and slows have major and minor 30/15 and last for 4 seconds (players already constantly spam and reapply so 10 seconds is far too long especially for classes with no cleanse mechanic.
    I've said this myself for a long time as well. It makes Z E R O sense that snares are the only aspect of our skills that do not obey major/minor organization. I know in time ZOS will see this as well and hopefully we'll actually see this change happen.
    -quest boards that send groups of varying sizes around the map to unused portions to accomplish a mission (convoy/covert info retrieval) once a faction accepts a quest the other ones can accept the same mission to prevent them from being successful (whoever accomplishes the quest earns a reward for their faction. Cheaper siege cost, stronger guards or Tougher keep walls for x minutes. Could also do the negative to an enemy as well if you win. Increase their cost of siege, weaker guards or walls.
    Very cool idea, would be so much fun to orchestrate and participate in. Would be relatively easy to organize from ZOS perspective I believe (basically just an expanded quest) and people would go batty for it - but only if it truly affected the map and scoring.

-pvp crafting bag for siege, repair and camps
    Yes.
    .fury only procs on a target that the sorc has previously damaged for 50% of their health
    Yeah, fury as it works now is totally overpowered and ridiculous. Sorcs can just apply an execute to multiple targets and do nothing else and secure kills they in no way work for or actively try to get. It's lazy. So this would be an interesting take on it. Though, I think 50% of damage to proc it might be a bit high. 25-30% maybe more realistic.

-incap increased to 85 or remove the 20% dmg buff or defile
    Agreed, still does too much for the cost. No other ult has this much utility packed into that little cost.

The only things I do not agree with are:
    .burning embers not purgeable
    .cinderstorm 10m radius and provides minor protection"

Both of these I just feel would be too strong and overwork dk's toolkit to be a little overtuned imo.

Burning embers being isolated as the only unpurgeable dot doesnt make much sense to me, and it also is already strong damage and heal so I just don't think it needs additional usefulness.

In terms of cinderstorm, it probably could use a rework as its currently pretty trash, but it's already a snare, making it larger seems kindof hasslesome to every other player. And with dk's already being so tanky, minor protection is really not something they need in addition to every other tanky quality already at their disposal.
    -resto thicket and sb ult increase by another 10
    Should honestly be increased by 25 or so, they're all way overpowered at current cost.

All in all thanks for such a wonderful read, I really enjoyed your ideas.

JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy