Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please let us bank the experience scroll from the CWC storyline

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
For the love of Talos, please let us deposit the darn scroll into the bank so we can use it on a different character. My cp923 sorc with everything maxed out does not need a 150% xp bonus.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. I've got 6/8 characters at max CP and while I suppose this was a necessary precaution by ZOS to make sure I still felt the need to buy exp scrolls from the crown store instead of farming the CWC main quest for them, I mean, at least that would have gotten me to play the CWC main quest with more than one character (who can't use the exp scroll for much of anything anyway, being max CP already).
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Please allow these to be banked. The worst thing people can do is farm the story quests for an xp scroll. If anything, I think that's a positive thing. People playing your content for rewards they feel are worth the grind is a good thing. As a company, you want this to happen. I can sort of see where ZOS is coming from by binding them, but I'm not sure they fully explored all the possibilities of keeping them bound to account instead of bound to player.

Remember, all items should be unbound unless there is a compelling reason to bind them, then make them account bound. Only under absolutely necessary conditions should items ever be bound to character, especially in ESO where that very rarely occurs. ZOS should sit down and have a good set of reasons to make things bound to character. I'm just not sure the justification is met in this circumstance. Bound to account would have been fine for this. If there were concerns that it could be exploited in some way, then they should have looked at closing off those potential exploits specifically instead of taking the easy way out.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should sit down and have a good set of reasons to make things bound to character. I'm just not sure the justification is met in this circumstance.

Often there is a method behind seeming madness. Though sometimes it's just a different madness.

My guess is that they've found that players are reaching the gear gap of CP160 and then stop playing / bothering with advancement. The scroll being character bound might be intended to specifically boost CP advancement.

That was my experience. It was a painful grind - which I've had to do again recently for my wardens - to get all alts to 50 and then I was completely burned out. What mattered is that I could craft / buy permanent gear for my characters and they weren't gimped in terms of loot. I didn't care at all about advancing CP and still don't.

And they want people to play ALL of their characters. Like with events giving rewards per day per character.
    Edited by Nerouyn on December 31, 2017 11:08PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree, I have 11 of 13 characters maxed out and over 900 CP. None of these characters need any XP scrolls but I cannot give it to one of my lower level toons. I'd also like to see other things, like rune boxes, bankable as well.

I have completed CWC on one character and found the questing to be so frustratingly tedious and time consuming that I possibly will not complete it on any other characters. The XP scroll is no real incentive for me to do so.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the love of Talos, please let us deposit the darn scroll into the bank so we can use it on a different character. My cp923 sorc with everything maxed out does not need a 150% xp bonus.

Got to admit ZoS sometimes don,t think.... i guess one would know that a player would more likely do content on new DLC, Extension, Quests or what ever on their main Toons, which more likely are leveled up specialy old players..... So on those toons are pretty much worthless XP stuff
    Edited by Insandros on January 1, 2018 2:06PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id just like to point out that it's actually not worth it for people to just grind out these scrolls and bank them all. I did some rudimentary testing and you can easily gain more xp leveling in skyreach in the time that it takes you to get the codex then you get from having and using the codex. If your goal is to grind to 50 as fast as possible, then it's a net xp waste. I guess there's the argument that you saved gold by not having to buy or make xp pots for 2 hours of your leveling but I still don't feel it's worth it. Seeing as how we asked to make it bankable about 7-8 weeks ago and they haven't admitted how ridiculous it is that is not bankable, nothing will be done about it.