Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar solo build?

Vaeshare
Vaeshare
Soul Shriven
So I just got my magplar to cp 168 and I notice I'm not able to solo in the capacity I thought I would(at least not yet). I'm currently using 5pc Julianos and 5pc Mad Tinker. My damage seems to be fine, I notice I keep randomly getting 1 shot. I've looked at a few different build options but none seem to use sweeps so they don't appear to solo friendly,more straight DD style.
I'm using a shock/fire staff. Would destro/resto be a better option? My sweeps don't seem like enough to keep me alive on world bosses or dungeons bosses. If anyone has any advice or could recommend a good build for soloing world bosses and dungeons/sky reach, I would love to hear!
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im far from an expert and my Templar is only lvl 45, but with 250cp I can solo many world bosses and dungeon bosses with destro/resto but it takes forever.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you also using a damage shield, so Harness Magicka or Absorb Magic?

It will definitely help prevent those one shots. Keep it refreshed at all times and you will have an easier time of everything.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:01AM
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inferno staff/lightning staff is fine.

Your gear is ok. I run 5x julianos, 2 valkyn and 4x IA (3x willpower and random staves is fine and probably better anyway on random non vma/dungeon pve).

Inferno bar: sweeps, vamp bane/reflective light, toppling charge, harness magicka, inner light, meteor

Lightning bar: ritual of retribution, blockade of storms, flex/rapids/repentance, channeled focus, breath of life, thunderous rage

Basic gameplay is keep rune and ritual around as much as possible. Lightning blockade, bane, charge in and sweeps.

If you get low you pop harness magicka, bar swap to breath of life then back into it. Can also periodically use harness to prevent getting low but i find with about 17-18k health generally fine.

• Vaeshare
    Vaeshare
    Soul Shriven
    Haquor wrote: »
    Inferno staff/lightning staff is fine.

Your gear is ok. I run 5x julianos, 2 valkyn and 4x IA (3x willpower and random staves is fine and probably better anyway on random non vma/dungeon pve).

Inferno bar: sweeps, vamp bane/reflective light, toppling charge, harness magicka, inner light, meteor

Lightning bar: ritual of retribution, blockade of storms, flex/rapids/repentance, channeled focus, breath of life, thunderous rage

Basic gameplay is keep rune and ritual around as much as possible. Lightning blockade, bane, charge in and sweeps.

If you get low you pop harness magicka, bar swap to breath of life then back into it. Can also periodically use harness to prevent getting low but i find with about 17-18k health generally fine.

Will give it a shot only 2 skills listed I don't have are toppling charge and thunderous rage. Which skill thine are those?
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling charge is a gap closer from aedric spear. Rage is the destro ultimate. It does excellent damage on lots of trash so mostly use that on groups of mobs. Meteor is primarily for max magicka with inner light on the front bar. Metoer can be replaced if you prefer not a big deal.

Pretty much all the skills are flex. They just suit how i prefer to play my mageplar. But there is ple ty of aoe and single target as well as heals and survivability for solo pve.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 1:01AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put sweeps on the lightning staff bar, since it is an aoe, it benefits from lightning staves passives. Since you are a templar, you dont need a healstaff, cast breath of life as emergency heal skill, otherwise recast harness magicka shield and continue with sweeps, since they heal pretty well. This will do it for solo playing, in group play sweeps arent used anymore, since their scaling is bugged.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 5 piece Julianos is fine, as long as doing 5 armour pieces. Make sure to have 5 light 1 medium and 1 light as well for undaunted passive.

I’d swap tinker out and go for 3 willpower jewlerry which is cheap to buy. For weapons go 1 fire and 1 lightning staff

For monster sets grothdar (vaults madness) is the easiest to get at your CP and works well. Valkyn Skoria (city of ash 2) is also a great option

Skills wise

Fire staff ideally Nirnhoned if not infused works well with shock enchant
    Inner light, vampires bane, harness magika, radiant destruction, crushing shock and empowering sweep ultimate (never use this but needed for Aedric spear crit damage passive)

Lightning staff Nirnhoned or infused with spell damage enchant
    Blockade of storms, channel focus, blazing spear, inner light, purifying light(highest dps and small heal) Ultimate is fiery rage

Rotation is pretty straight forward always reapply channeled focus when it’s running out and try and stay in it to make the most out of it.

Start with channeled focus down and then Blockade - light attack - blazing spear - light attack - then purifying light or ritual retribution and then swap. Vampires bane - light attack - 3xcrushing shock with light attacks between each then swap and repeat.

If your still struggling to stay alive take out purifying light and bring in puncturing sweeps and take out crushing shock and put in honour the dead.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on January 1, 2018 2:45PM