The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healer Build for vDSA?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve run a healer through vDSA but struggled on the last boss; specifically acting as a secondary tank as is the method some use on this boss. I’m interested in how I can change up my build to be ready for this fight; such as gear, food, CP point redistribution et al.. My healer is a Templar, Imperial, max CP, using 5 piece SPC and Worm. Thanks in advance.
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • paallterrain148
    I run 5 SPC, 4 moon, skoria, master resto. Easily swappable to willpower and random staffs.

Argonian Templar. Run trifood on last boss, healing ult and destro. I've successfully tanked both of the first 2 mini bosses at once, it wasn't hard at all. Dps in-between the melee's heavies which are all I really blocked. Then on the second boss spawn I took the main boss. If you got a good tank, just have him take all 4 and burn the main boss.

I almost never run a second support set in 4 man anything. Seems like a huge waste. I get about 20k in the dummy solo. No cheese, with BOL, Regen and springs on my bars.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, vDSA is easiest with 3 DPS, and no healer. You may want to keep BoL on your bar for emergencies, and ele drain is always important, but things like combat prayer and healer gear are not beneficial. I don't even use a resto when I run it on my Templar. You should just build for maximum DPS with some survivability (harness Magicka highly recommended).
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the strategy that your group is using. Most groups have the healer tank the boss at 80% until the rest of the fight. I don't find it necessary to switch into a "tank" gear because the boss does not hit hard, though I do use purple tri stat food and slot tri-pots because the fight can get stamina intensive (especially dodging negates and novas).

You dont really need to block his attacks, just keep hots on you (purifying light and puncturing sweeps will outheal his incoming damage) and bash interrupt his channed agony attack. I do slot sword and shield for Puncture if I have a stamina DPS, though I dont really block with it.