Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This house is NOT currently for sale ?

• Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Is that what its being called now a days it was called being greedy in my time theres no need for these business practices they would have made plenty of money leaving it in and they have with all the others as they do with so many other house in the crown store . And whats wrong with saving subscriptions im paying for that bit of crown currency so basicly your justifying them doing this other wise people would save there crowns to buy this and mess up the homestead prophets come on listen to your self becsuse of people like you that think the way they do is why real world economy is messed up wauuuw
    Edited by Luciferazazell on April 28, 2018 7:01PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    They don't want you to spend your half-priced crowns for time-limited offerings.
    All these scheme works this way: they're making crown sales, and then they're waiting till the majority of playerbase spend their half-priced crowns for some comsumbles, costumes and such. Then they're making time-limited offering so players need to buy crowns again (at full price now) to purchase that precious time-limited offerings.
    It's obvious thing actually.

Agree completely.
    Eremith wrote: »
    I must admit that ZOS/Zenimax/BethesdaSoft. marketing department works very well.

I suspect not. We've several indicators of failure.

They removed the ability to buy top tier crate mounts with gems. That speaks to a desperation to sell more crates.

They've now put a core race (orc) manor in the crown store as a limited time offer. Yikes.

Those limited time offers are a devastating double edged sword. Once that limited is past that content is essentially gone forever, as if the developers had never made it. That can be a huge negative.

Eg. they're trying to flog Morrowind on sale at the moment. But what if you're one of the many players who loved the Telvanni mushroom towers in Morrowind. You do a little googling, see it was a limited crown store offer and gone forever. This effectively lowers the value of that DLC and you might decide to pass or wait until it's cheaper later.
    Edited by Nerouyn on December 31, 2017 10:24PM
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homestead may have been a free update, but the houses players buy are not free, especially the big ticket items. We probably will see limited houses for sale again in the future since there are a lot of people who still want to buy them, but odds are they will still be flash sales.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Scaraben_beta
    I'd be willing to bet that these limited time houses will be available again during the one year anniversary for Homestead, which is about a month out. I'd also wager that a new limited time only house (Coldharbour estate) will also be available during that same time. These crown sinks always come out shortly after crown sales.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    We probably will see limited houses for sale again in the future since there are a lot of people who still want to buy them, but odds are they will still be flash sales.
    I'd be willing to bet that these limited time houses will be available again during the one year anniversary for Homestead, which is about a month out.

I hate to burst your bubble but that's unlikely based on the Crown Store's history. Limited time items are almost never offered for sale again. That's part of their sales design to maximise anxiety. It's buy now or never have the opportunity again unless they eventually turn up in crates and you're willing to gamble for them.

The hideous zombie meat-horse is the only exception I can recall. That was offered once more the following year at half the original price.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could of at least left a notable or two in the crown store for Vvardenfel, Kind of ridiculous that you had to spend money to get the expansion only to find after that you missed out on the houses, there's not even any there to buy now.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    We probably will see limited houses for sale again in the future since there are a lot of people who still want to buy them, but odds are they will still be flash sales.
    I'd be willing to bet that these limited time houses will be available again during the one year anniversary for Homestead, which is about a month out.

I hate to burst your bubble but that's unlikely based on the Crown Store's history. Limited time items are almost never offered for sale again. That's part of their sales design to maximise anxiety. It's buy now or never have the opportunity again unless they eventually turn up in crates and you're willing to gamble for them.

The hideous zombie meat-horse is the only exception I can recall. That was offered once more the following year at half the original price.

Because the zombie horse is a holiday item. Holiday items often return again. Houses are also not cosmetics, take longer to make, and you can still visit them unpurchased, which still drives up the demand. Having to wait a year or longer to get a limited house you missed and have another random flash sale is still going to pressure people to spend.
    PC/NA
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    They could of at least left a notable or two in the crown store for Vvardenfel, Kind of ridiculous that you had to spend money to get the expansion only to find after that you missed out on the houses, there's not even any there to buy now.

There are homes in vvardenfall that are not limited time offers. Though there are other DLC maps that got limited time houses too though such as the manor on the Gold coast and now the pariah pinnacle.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    People only buy these things because of their limited status. There's going to be a riot if they bring them back for everyone to have. :D
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    Linchal Grand Manor was only available through the crown store for a limited time from September 14–18, 2017.

Unfortunately most of the crown store only homes are limited time. Who knows maybe someday they will bring it back.

This is a very bad business model, IMO. Their limited times are way too short. Even the most recent one for a one month period was too short, not to mention they did it at a time of year already limited by available cash because of the Holidays.

Change it to a quarterly offering. Give people a chance to budget for a cosmetic item in a game. I for one am more likely to budget for a item rather than spend my limited resource of expendable cash in a spur of the moment decision.
    Edited by Grimm13 on January 4, 2018 5:36PM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah 3 days is WAY too short. A lot of people who wanted limited items missed out because they had no time to prepare or were too busy.
    PC/NA
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew the house was coming because of the PTS, I saved up my crowns from my ESO+ subscription then I bought it the day it came out.

This will not be a popular opinion on this post, but I like the fact it was limited and exclusive. Those who wanted it got ready for it before it was available.

I also like that they are releasing new exclusive houses every patch cycle. Every one I know has a different house pretty much and I for one like that.

There will be those that save up for and buy the DB cave when it comes for 4 days or whatever. They will be getting something exclusive and cool in its own way. There will probably also be a thread 6 months from now complaining the same way about it, and there will be another exclusive house available in the patch after that...

Summary: There will be a new cool exclusive limited time house that you have to have in an upcoming patch. If having one is what you want then save your crowns now and you will be ready when it comes. I hope they never re-release any of them and always just add new ones.
    Playing since beta...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure it's a clumsy attempt to create impulse sales but one has to think that more overall sales would occur if it was always on sale.

Here is an idea, offer it at a lower price initially and a higher price after the first week.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a psychology thing. It works on some people and on others it does not.
    I am one of those people on whom this "limited time offers" do not work.. Neither does the illusion of owning something rare and exclusive. It's not rare or exclusive if there are hundred more people who have the identical house as I do..and only decorations make it different. Another factor is I am not an obsessive-compulsive player so far the housing, or basically anything, in this game is concerned. I don't feel a need to have everything..I am not a hoarder either.
    I am not Zenimax's typical target customer.
    Edited by duendology on January 6, 2018 11:29PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, despicable. This "limited time sales" BS and Crown only tactics is just greedy. No way in hell I'm buying any ESO house with Crowns. It's gold or nothing.

I just know they'll eventually release a dlc that has my perfect Guildhall location in it and make it a "Crown Store only" thing.

This is why you should only ever spend crowns on DLC and only sub when you need crowns for that purpose. Unless the gaming community completely rejects this "Games as a Service" model, BS like this will only continue.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is a bit outdated now, considering that almost every limited-time CS only home has been re-released at least once. Only one I can think of that hasn't yet is the Snow Globe home, which will undoubtedly be for sale again this holiday season.

And, Topal, the last holdout, is now out and at a discount (although 11K+ crowns is still a bit steep for me).
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown sale right now on top of Grand Topal sale.. So its like getting Grand Topal for 6600 crowns.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they do it so that, if they really want a certain house, most people have to buy Crowns, rather than saving them up from ESO+ (or buying it with gold, obviously).

I think they put these limited time things on, one after the other, with the hope that you will have spent all your saved Crowns on one of them, just before another one appears.

A full sub model, with everything available in-game, would suit most house furnishers far better than the, current, optional sub model.
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 19, 2019 3:19AM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy Necro Batman!! >:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Dawnlight and Colossal have come out again, since they were only released last year, unless it was during the holidays. And I already owned them at the time and so didn't take notice. While I am glad that Topal has finally been re-released (2 years, ZOS. really?), and at a more affordable price point (I'd expected it to be 11k the first time, but then missed out), I think I'll pass on it. I've since bought other homes which I liked more. Of course, none of them are on a private island, so there's always that draw.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    I don't think Dawnlight and Colossal have come out again, since they were only released last year, unless it was during the holidays. And I already owned them at the time and so didn't take notice. While I am glad that Topal has finally been re-released (2 years, ZOS. really?), and at a more affordable price point (I'd expected it to be 11k the first time, but then missed out), I think I'll pass on it. I've since bought other homes which I liked more. Of course, none of them are on a private island, so there's always that draw.

Hunding's is on a private island.

Although, you can't swim all around it, like you can Topal, it's still a great house.
  • Noslack76
    Noslack76
    ✭✭
    I hate to be a necro, but i was going to buy crowns and get the lakemire xanmeer maner. Its really the only house I like but not for sale not smart eso. I guess they dont wont my money
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noslack76 wrote: »
    I hate to be a necro, but i was going to buy crowns and get the lakemire xanmeer maner. Its really the only house I like but not for sale not smart eso. I guess they dont wont my money

They will probably put it back up for sale in a few months time.

They seem to like doing these limited sale things.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to keep enough crowns in your account and submit a ticket requesting to have ZOS purchase the house for you and give permission to deduct the crowns from your account. When you get a response that doesnt make sense, repeat your same request until it reaches someone that can fulfill your request.
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on June 1, 2019 6:06AM
    Master Craftsman!