The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hew's Bane Fishing

Heroic_Defender
Heroic_Defender
✭✭✭
I've always loved to fish on ESO a lot and lately, not so much. I've been trying to catch the rare foul water fish in Hew's Bane, but all the foul water spots keep drying up and not responding. Yesterday I left for 3 hours and came back to find no foul water fishing spots available. I've also gone through 323 Crawlers so far, trying to catch the rare foul water fish and I don't mean to offend, but I wish the foul water fishing holes in Hew's Bane would spawn back a lot quicker.

http://teso-guides.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Hews_Bane.jpg
Edited by Heroic_Defender on January 1, 2018 12:08AM
  • Heroic_Defender
    Heroic_Defender
    ✭✭✭
    I play on the xbox one console as well.

I've now been running back and forth to each foul water location for 1 hour so far and none have responded.
    Edited by Heroic_Defender on December 31, 2017 11:24PM
  • Nocturnal_Annoyance
    What about the foul holes in Reapers March and Alik'r Desert, they are just as ridiculous. I think the fewer the holes for a water type the chance to catch a rare fish should be SLIGHTLY increased.
  • Heroic_Defender
    Heroic_Defender
    ✭✭✭
    They should make the rarer fishing items like Chub, Minnow, Shad and Fish Roe have a increase chance of catching rare fish. Because the amount of time players spend alone fishing on ESO is probably just as much in-game questing time.
    Edited by Heroic_Defender on December 31, 2017 11:43PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make a provision item that increases your chances of catching rare fish. Because the amount of time players spend alone fishing on ESO is probably just as much in-game questing time.

No, no shortcuts to earn my title
  • Heroic_Defender
    Heroic_Defender
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    They should make a provision item that increases your chances of catching rare fish. Because the amount of time players spend alone fishing on ESO is probably just as much in-game questing time.

No, no shortcuts to earn my title

Sorry I just edited that post to:

They should make the rarer fishing items like Chub, Minnow, Shad and Fish Roe have a increase chance of catching rare fish. Because the amount of time players spend alone fishing on ESO is probably just as much in-game questing time.
  • Heroic_Defender
    Heroic_Defender
    ✭✭✭
    Plus the rarer fishing items like Chub, Minnow, Shad and Fish Roe are not worth much in Guild Traders on ESO, I think increasing the chances of catching rare fish with these items, would make them worth something and especially to players after the "Master Fisher" achievement.
  • Heroic_Defender
    Heroic_Defender
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running back and forth to all the Foul water fishing holes in Hew's Bane for 2 hours now and so far, none have respond.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have to fish at other nearby holes that aren't just foul. I had this same problem on other maps.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this too, all you can do is to wait for them to respawn sadly. I made a bug report, but didn't seem to have done any good. Sorry if link is weird, on mobile at the moment https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382064/hews-bane-foul-water-holes-are-not-spawning-correctly#latest
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC-NA I sent in a bug report about lake spots in hew's bane not respawning when i was doing the fishing achievement there a few months ago. I think it's a chronic issue with that zone.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.