Mobile app predictions

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
What do peoPle think is going to be in an ESO mobile app? Or what would you like to see in it?

A while back ZOS had a job listing for a mobile designer so I think a mobile app is in the works. Hopefully we find out more in the new year.

I'm expecting something simple like stablemaster access, guild chat, maybe mail without attachments.
Edited by badmojo on December 31, 2017 7:03PM
[DC/NA]
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Mobil game like BDO mobil game . One day all MMOs will all be on portable devices .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure why ZOS would want one, aside from checking on your character, guild, friends, and maybe being able to participate in chat with guilds and friends. Ancillary stuff.

There will have to be some monetization, so Bethesda will be involved. The goal of a mobile app from Bethesda would be to allow you to purchase Crowns. Perhaps purchase and open Crown Crates linked to your account. Buy account-bound items from the Crown Store.

Honestly, I envision that any mobile app will be a Bethesda App, not an ESO app, and it will be for purchasing things for all their titles, not just ESO. Any other game related purpose will be to get you to use the app in the hopes you will buy something.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO Mobil game like BDO mobil game . One day all MMOs will all be on portable devices .

Mobile devices will never catch up with PC requirements. Unless games don't develop for 5 years.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New mobile crown-store.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    A while back ZOS had a job listing for a mobile designer so I think a mobile app is in the works. Hopefully we find out more in the new year.

They still have it. It specially mentions games, not service apps.
    "We’re looking to do nothing less than create best-in-class games in the mobile space"

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1584
    signing off
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »

They still have it. It specially mentions games, not service apps.
    "We’re looking to do nothing less than create best-in-class games in the mobile space"

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1584

I figure that this is hiring for another IP. I really don't expect that ZOS is reinventing TES Travels, but I suppose that could be the case.

I was actually surprised that ZOS is hiring for that sort of thing. My understanding was that Bethesda created a studio for mobile games, and that studio would be the more likely place to make any sort of mobile game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will spy on users and supply data to ZOS's monetization AI, which will then provide in-game stimuli to players to spend as much as possible.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we have some cross-over game app.

Who knows, maybe something good comes out of it.

Not without proper and large monetization of course XD
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »

Mobile devices will never catch up with PC requirements. Unless games don't develop for 5 years.

@Nemeliom

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hFI55Os_FbA

Orly ?
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso companion app would be cool to do stable and research tasks and crown store access.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online auction house