The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Winter home with snow in the garden, where to find?

woufff
woufff
✭✭✭✭
I would really like a house with a lot of snow in the garden/yard in a winter environment (as there is not much snow where I live ;))

Although there is a house in Windhelm, it has no garden and from the balcony you fell down (and not only when drunk :p)

Bleakrock would be a nice location in my opinion, why not? You also have a very nice (and big) house on Stros M'Kay. I really would love Bleakrock <3

But maybe it exists and I didn't yet find it...

PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no house with snow unfortunately :/ Well there's the gigantic Crown Store-exclusive orc one that kinda looks like snowy Moria(if it's still in the Crown Store, I think it was limited time too?), and you can buy piles of snow for crowns but that's about it.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I thought, thanks for confirmation. This snowy Moria I have visited and although this might be great for a guild house, it's not what I would call a cosy home in winterland :/
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a Nord house called Autumn’s Gate that would be perfect. You’d have to add snow from the crown store, unfortunately, but it would be the cheaper option than the Pinnacle (Orc) house. It is very nice and cozy!
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, this is a nice one for winter time but why do we need to buy snow from the Crown Store and not for Gold? Anyway, this house is on my shopping list now :)
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could buy snow with gold, too!!
    Edited by NolaArch on December 31, 2017 4:17PM
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also love a winter cottage with a garden in Bleakrock, but I am glad they gave us some snow landscaping items (though I too wish they could be purchased with gold).

With all those new landscape items, I redid the exterior of Mistveil Manor using the snowswept trees, shrubs, stones/rocks, snow, and ice floes. I ended up using mostly the ice floes for the ground snow, as they're a lot cheaper than the snow piles but create the same or better effect in some areas. Everything I bought to do this cost about 2500 crowns, including a bunch of Christmas themed decor items I bought to use inside. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I'd still much prefer to buy a true winter cottage—one with snow falling effects please! :smiley:

OPdJ6OH.png
    4MOJrH3.png
    yoLEsK9.png
    UBqmszc.png
    Edited by Lady_Scorp72 on December 31, 2017 5:53PM
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    @Xandria72 Beautiful job!

Personally I don't want a snow house (all I have to do is look outside to see lots of the stuff) but they should let people buy houses in snowy regions for those that do. Being able to buy snow in the crown store is nice and all, I guess but there should be one with snow on the ground.

Even better would be a weather cycle where if you're in a cold climate you could get snow during the winter. They can make it rain, why not snow?
    Edited by Slyjinxy on December 31, 2017 8:48PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? I would love it if there was a quest to take back Bleakrock Isle and restore the village, and then have a cozy winter cabin or something there.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xandria72 absolutely lovely <3
    Honestly? I would love it if there was a quest to take back Bleakrock Isle and restore the village, and then have a cozy winter cabin or something there.

That would be cool B)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spot on. Would be a great crafting hub too. I hate the transformation

It's one of my fave zones. And OP I'm with you, snowy areas are the best

Mournoth Keep in a snowy zone would be perfect
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Slyjinxy @woufff Thanks!! :)

Totally agree, it would be awesome.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift