Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Comments about housing

DMBCML
DMBCML
✭✭✭
1. Assistants that don't work in housing. I mean seriously. We paid good money for them. Real money. This is not a good thing. How long until this oversight is corrected?
2. Still unable to use the containers in the house to store items.
3. I would like to be able to place items in containers to sell or give as gifts.
4. The number of locations in which you can place items is still too small, especially for the larger locations. That is why I didn't purchase the recent holiday house. I knew I would want to put thousands of items in it and it isn't permitted.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »
    3. I would like to be able to place items in containers to sell or give as gifts.

I love-LOVE this idea!
    omg, how cool would it be to get or give the complete jewelry sets?
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pointless to store stuff in your house.

If I was zos.mid s8mply allow you to create chests that you can rearrange your bank stuff. Meaning..the chests are tied to bank storage..so.you can have a weapon chest which only opens wrapons from bank etc.

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What assistants don't work in houses? My banker and merchant both work.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

In some houses I can’t talk to them, no prompt visible. They usually start working after a /reloadui so they’re not badly placed, and some visitors say they can use them on the first try without reloading. It is annoying, yes.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1)Um..assistants do work in houses, and still work in the world at the same time.
    2)Didn't Zos say we are getting house storage as well? Even if it's something like a 10 slot container, that's 10 more bank slots free.
    3)Give what types of gifts? Most non-bound items can be given already or sold in your guild store.
    4)See number 2..Zos said we are getting house storage. It's true we don't know the size yet, or if it'll cost crowns or just come with a house purchase(retroactive, I hope), but we are getting something.

• DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭

Every time I try to open my banker or merchant the error message says they can't be used in this location.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    1)Um..assistants do work in houses, and still work in the world at the same time.
    2)Didn't Zos say we are getting house storage as well? Even if it's something like a 10 slot container, that's 10 more bank slots free.
    3)Give what types of gifts? Most non-bound items can be given already or sold in your guild store.
    4)See number 2..Zos said we are getting house storage. It's true we don't know the size yet, or if it'll cost crowns or just come with a house purchase(retroactive, I hope), but we are getting something.

No, I can not place or use my assistants in any residence. It always says "not in the this location".

For gift giving. You want to give a gift, and have it be fun to open, just like any other gift in a box. Other games do it.
    Edited by DMBCML on December 31, 2017 4:46PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

No, I can not place or use my assistants in any residence. It always says "not in the this location".

Then that's a bug, not merchants needing fixed. They work in all my housing just fine. Maybe you have a placement problem..
    Edited by Kel on December 31, 2017 4:50PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Every time I try to open my banker or merchant the error message says they can't be used in this location.

You have to be in the 'housing editor' and place them in your house. You cannot use them the regular way.

In the housing editor, they are under 'services'.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on December 31, 2017 4:48PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that problem. You have to find a space large enough for the assisstant
    Trying placing it outside in an open area and that will work. Make sure it is not in ground get it as close to ground as possible