The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Marriage in ESO??

playerkiller247
playerkiller247
✭✭✭
How many of you guys ended up getting married?(in game) Is it worth doing?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just don't marry the female Bosmers as they are all mine
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you get is a ring that, when worn with the player you're Married to, gives you a 10% boost in xp gain. And ONLY when you adventure together, I'm guessing in a group. That's it.

At first people did it for the novelty as well as that little boost when leveling new characters. Now it's just a gimmick. Especially if you have end game characters. That Ring of Mara takes up a valuable armor set piece slot.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

Give me Edgelord Vampire Girls and you can have ALL the Bosmers......
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭

Lmao I am a female Bosmer! I was just wondering if anyone still gets married in this game
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    My shady, murderous Argonian guy married an old bald sorc dude. It wasn’t a happy marriage, based more on common interests than on the tenets of Mara, and the sorc eventually disappeared and my Argonian can’t even get a divorce.

The idea is nice but it’s not very practical cos it costs you a ring space and you have to be together with your spouse all the time.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Rawst wrote: »
    My shady, murderous Argonian guy married an old bald sorc dude. It wasn’t a happy marriage, based more on common interests than on the tenets of Mara, and the sorc eventually disappeared and my Argonian can’t even get a divorce.

The idea is nice but it’s not very practical cos it costs you a ring space and you have to be together with your spouse all the time.

What a sad tale.. but I heard you could marry more than one person??
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got married he stopped playing a year ago :'(:'(:'( why did you have to remind me :'(:'(:'(:'(
    I looted his guild Bank, he will be shirtless behind enemy lines in cyrodil if he comes back and I'll roll a DK to whip him back to fort warden.

Seriously though it's just a ring, we did it for achievement ...and there was none
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao I am a female Bosmer! I was just wondering if anyone still gets married in this game

Ur mine by default then
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've married off several of my toons because I regularly play with another player. Now that our married toons are into champion levels we "let" each other take the wedding ring off to do dungeons and such because it's silly to not to. Also it's funny to imagine our toons taking the wedding ring off to do dungeons. 'Cause like they might meet a side piece in a PUG or something, I guess.
  • pinkempyreal
    pinkempyreal
    ✭✭✭
    elantaura wrote: »
    Got married he stopped playing a year ago :'(:'(:'( why did you have to remind me :'(:'(:'(:'(
    I looted his guild Bank, he will be shirtless behind enemy lines in cyrodil if he comes back and I'll roll a DK to whip him back to fort warden.

IRL. Too real for this game. Lol
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did at the start, bromance for the XP Lol. But now the 10% is nothing compares to XP pots, scrolls, events, enlightenment etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP