The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disciplined Slash (1 Item) When you deal damage with Reverse Slash, you generate up to 14 Ultimate

Didgerion
Didgerion
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have the magica version of this OP-ness?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right? 2handers everywhere.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not that OP. It says up 14 Ultimate. To be getting that much the target would need be in probably the last 1% health.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’d be nice if DW, 2H, Bow, and 1H/S could have separate effects if your Max Mag is higher than your Max Stam. Same for Destro and Resto Staves if Max Stam is higher than Max Mag.

Would open up more builds in PvP.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that OP. It says up 14 Ultimate. To be getting that much the target would need be in probably the last 1% health.

To be fair, even if they were only getting 7-10 ulti per ability use, it's alot of ulti considering how much they wanted to nerf ulti gen.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

To be fair, even if they were only getting 7-10 ulti per ability use, it's alot of ulti considering how much they wanted to nerf ulti gen.

It is linear. At 49% health, you get 1 ulti, at 25% health you get 7 ulti, at 1% you get the full 14 per. Hardly worth crying about.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still feel like nAS 2H is a little overtuned. It's easily the meta choice for filling-out the 11th slot in a 2H build to the point that the vMA 2H is a pretty rare sight these days.

Something so easily obtainable shouldn't be outperforming vMA weapons.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    It’d be nice if DW, 2H, Bow, and 1H/S could have separate effects if your Max Mag is higher than your Max Stam. Same for Destro and Resto Staves if Max Stam is higher than Max Mag.

I completely agree with this. My mDK could use a Master/Maelstrom/Asylum Destro Staff on the front bar with some sort of magicka-based SnB on the back bar. We don't use Puncture, Low Slash, or Defensive Posture.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    I still feel like nAS 2H is a little overtuned. It's easily the meta choice for filling-out the 11th slot in a 2H build to the point that the vMA 2H is a pretty rare sight these days.

Something so easily obtainable shouldn't be outperforming vMA weapons.

Its more to do with how crap vMA 2h is, after the nerf, It needs a little buff.
    Fun fact: that dot can crit, somehow.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 30, 2017 5:14PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am using that weapon and it really feels strong. I feel its impact more than I feel Selene's, but not as much as Ravager when it procs. But why would you want a magicka version on that? There is no destruction staff execute and it should definitely not be put on Destructive touch nor force shock. It would be broken on Impulse and Elemental blockade too. So that kind of rules out the destruction staff skills. It can't be put on a monster set for all executes either because it would result in people using that 2H Asylum sword and this monster set for twice the ultimate.
    All that's left then would be a magicka based 5 item light armor set. Doesn't sound too strong to me and might bring back Overload builds.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I completely agree with this. My mDK could use a Master/Maelstrom/Asylum Destro Staff on the front bar with some sort of magicka-based SnB on the back bar. We don't use Puncture, Low Slash, or Defensive Posture.

asylum sword-shield is not that bad actually.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    I run AS 2h on Stamplar in PvP and heavy/light attack before ever reverse slice, also use PotL which grants me ultimate. I drop Crescent Sweeps every few seconds. StamNB with the same weapon is even better when using Incap.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

As someone just mentioned it's linear with discrete points, and not a log based curve with an asymptote. So really, you're making it sound better than it really is. Also, I'd gladly let Magicka users have a version of the asylum 2h, if we can get a stamina version of Eye of The Flame. Perfect trade off. >:)
    Edited by Kronuxx on December 30, 2017 5:39PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, let’s just nerf everything into the ground; that sounds fun...
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina builds with Healing Ward ? No thank You...
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ehh people are so clueless how to make use of this things. (hint : Shield Discipline)
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bring back the spell and wd on vMA weapons.. vMA has so many useless weapons now its not even worth running.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

It is linear. At 49% health, you get 1 ulti, at 25% health you get 7 ulti, at 1% you get the full 14 per. Hardly worth crying about.

Until you get someone into execute range, they hold, but you've used 3 reverse slashes, giving you 25 ultimate on top of other sources. 7 per second in the meta stam warden builds would get you to 46 ult in that situation.

I don't think it's op, i love it vs shields where you get 3 or 4 off before they die.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its definitely very strong, but I don't think it needs a massive nerf, NAS should be 10 ult. With how executes are used, they can quite easily 10+ ult per target. Thing is, if this is nerfed, then stamDK loses out a whole lot harder. Warden and NB have better ult gen of the bat.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 30, 2017 10:48PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Starting from 10% you get the full ultimate value for both the perfect and the imperfect version.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

As someone just mentioned it's linear with discrete points, and not a log based curve with an asymptote. So really, you're making it sound better than it really is. Also, I'd gladly let Magicka users have a version of the asylum 2h, if we can get a stamina version of Eye of The Flame. Perfect trade off. >:)

I think that downbreaker is a good match to Eye of The Flame especially if you fight undead creatures (wich is most of pve) and with that 2H weapon downbreaker easily surpass dps of Eye of The Flame.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No its not OP - not even a tiny bit OP, it just allows you to perma-ult your sword and board ultimate on the last phases of the boss figts or it just allows you to use the downbreaker twice as often.

Very well balanced - just a flat-linear amount of ultimate points on a spam-able ability.

Edited by Didgerion on December 31, 2017 7:30AM