The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MagNB

Jpk0012
Jpk0012
✭✭✭✭
I see conflicting opinions. Some say they are really great. Others say they are the worst class in ESO. Before I attempt to level one up to 50 I am curious what you guys think?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No one who knows anything about the game has said magblades are the worst, or anywhere close to it, for at least six months. In 2016 they were a bottom tier class, which may be why you've seen bad things about them. Currently they are the top magicka DPS in PVE and have one of the best toolkits for PVP. The class is difficult to master, but well worth the effort.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    No one who knows anything about the game has said magblades are the worst, or anywhere close to it, for at least six months. In 2016 they were a bottom tier class, which may be why you've seen bad things about them. Currently they are the top magicka DPS in PVE and have one of the best toolkits for PVP. The class is difficult to master, but well worth the effort.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4733119/#Comment_4733119
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Jpk0012 are you referring to where Izaki said magblade is the hardest PVE class? He's not wrong; the skill ceiling for the class is very high. But that's very different from saying they're the worst. They are capable of outperforming every other magicka class in terms of sheer DPS numbers.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a magblade as my second main a few months back and really like the class. Great combination of good damage (not top notch, that's reserved for stam, but really good) and great survivability through shields and self-heals. Two of your main damage skills, sap essence and swallow soul, heal you in the process. :) Add to that the Nightblade stealth and high burst damage, good for things like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests.

With some practice, it's easy to get ~30k DPS self-buffed on the skeleton even without BiS gear (I don't have a single Maelstrom weapon yet).

So from my point of view, magblade takes practice, but is definitely worth leveling to 50.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    @Jpk0012 are you referring to where Izaki said magblade is the hardest PVE class? He's not wrong; the skill ceiling for the class is very high. But that's very different from saying they're the worst. They are capable of outperforming every other magicka class in terms of sheer DPS numbers.

Yes sir, I was.

And hard/worst is definitely subjective, which is why I am looking for opinions on what makes this class fun/not fun. :smiley:
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    I started a magblade as my second main a few months back and really like the class. Great combination of good damage (not top notch, that's reserved for stam, but really good) and great survivability through shields and self-heals. Two of your main damage skills, sap essence and swallow soul, heal you in the process. :) Add to that the Nightblade stealth and high burst damage, good for things like Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests.

With some practice, it's easy to get ~30k DPS self-buffed on the skeleton even without BiS gear (I don't have a single Maelstrom weapon yet).

So from my point of view, magblade takes practice, but is definitely worth leveling to 50.

Well, then how can I not give it a try!
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC-EU, feel free to give me a whisper (ingame name same as forum nick)! :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP