The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it possible to change dungeon queue alert sound?

VexingArcanist
VexingArcanist
✭✭✭✭
I have a heard time recognizing this sound from other thumps and dull dings this game has and there are times I am browsing game info. I have sound in background enabled but I often do not pickup this WEAK dull "ding"? sound...

Is there any method of manipulating some local sound file or something to get a better sound?
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump!

I would love to know the answer to thisas well. It would be great to be able to change it to something loud and obnoxious, that way I can queue, turn my speakers up, and then do something else around the house and be alerted when I have a group.
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well apparently I've managed to stump the panel....
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 15, 2018 12:53AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a visual cue in addition to the audio cue.

In other words, if making the dungeon queue is important enough ... then you should probably be paying better attention to the already existing game notifications.

Not that vexing an issue really ... oh wait.

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In other words, if making the dungeon queue is important enough ... then you should probably be paying better attention to the already existing game notifications.

except if your in combat you see a flashing icon in the bottom left via "notifications" which is easy to miss.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just get rid of it and auto port in like they used to.no reason I shouldn't be able to step out for a smoke cause of a stupid ready check.
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭

Reading is fundamental. Try reading my original post again then comprehend what was said. Then realize how off the mark you are in your response. Oh wait....
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be amazed if there isn't an addon for this.

Usually there is an addon for everything.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just get rid of it and auto port in like they used to. no reason I shouldn't be able to step out for a smoke cause of a stupid ready check.

It isn't just 1 check though, you accept stand up and someone declines, every time sometimes once, other times you can sit there 10 minutes clicking "F".
    I accepted one once after queuing for HOURS, i think it was over 2 and approaching a 3 hour queue, it popped and I accepted then went to go get a drink came back and I was kicked from queue because I didn't accept in time because some *** head decided to decline and I wasn't there to re accept. Enough already I accepted the first, second, third, fourth and fifth time just *** port me in god damn it.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭

The whole point is that I’d like to queue, walk away from the PC, and be alerted when I have a group. I could get stuff done around the house during the 45 min that I sometimes wait in queue as DPS for pledges.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The alert is a little suttle. I can see OPs issue.

Good suggestion should be an easy change.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    It would be nice to have this for the Cyrodiil campaign queue, too. It's not a great feeling when you queue for an hour and a half and then miss your 60 second port window.

KillCounter add will help you with this. It has a toggle feature that auto ports you to Cyrodiil when your queue is up. No more missing your spot after 60min queueing.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote for that annoying school fire alarm sound!
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    One last bump, hoping to get an answer here. Anyone?
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Usually I clean my department when I am queuing and I'd like a rather dramatic sound effect than just this soft "pop!"-sound.
  • crysis992
    crysis992
    ✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    Same issue. Usually I clean my department when I am queuing and I'd like a rather dramatic sound effect than just this soft "pop!"-sound.

Some addons have a super useful feature to auto accept the "dungeon is ready" check.
    I'm using BanditsUI which has this feature built in (and much more useful stuff).
    I can queue as DD and it will auto accept as soon as there is a group ready, I can even tab out and do something in the background without missing any ready checks.