The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Back Keeps Impossible to Capture

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Planetside 2 does this with good effect.

Make every keep/fort/castle that isnt connected to an enemy keep locked to capture. This will force factions into creating a true frontline in the Alliance War. The only way to reach the enemy faction's home keeps and gates is by advancing along the transit lattice one keep at a time. No more back capping empty home keeps, no more annoying destro ult groups riding across the entire map to farm Arrius. Resources can still be captured to disrupt a faction's supply transitus chain, but keeps themselves remain protected until the frontline reaches them.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want a dead campaign? Because that is how you get one.

Faction stacks farming at another faction's gates would be rampant.
    Edited by gabriebe on December 29, 2017 1:09PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want even more faction stacking in one location, just to prevent your pugs from getting farmed at arrius or glade? That's a terrible idea.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda killing strategic gameplay like that. And if you think cyro is laggy now wait untill you see it then xD
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    why are these zerglings allowed to voice an opinion ? -.-

horrific idea...
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Planetside 2 does this with good effect.

Make every keep/fort/castle that isnt connected to an enemy keep locked to capture. This will force factions into creating a true frontline in the Alliance War. The only way to reach the enemy faction's home keeps and gates is by advancing along the transit lattice one keep at a time. No more back capping empty home keeps, no more annoying destro ult groups riding across the entire map to farm Arrius. Resources can still be captured to disrupt a faction's supply transitus chain, but keeps themselves remain protected until the frontline reaches them.

Errr, why exactly do we want a front line? And not being able to hit the back keeps without going through every other keep first will basically destroy the point of having the Elder Scrolls as an objective.

Now something I would like to see from Planetside 2 is the occasional random objectives - 'faction with the most lumber mills at the end of an hour gets a chunk of bonus AP', stuff like that. Or transports that can carry more than one player.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People traveling in sidecars with their friends would be fun as hell.

I'd like the idea of a rogue faction you can queue for though. Like for every bar of pop, you get 8 rogue players who are given an objective to capture for some random reward.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forced Zerg lol . Are you kidding? It feels like you're kidding .
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a zergling... but even i say HELL NO !!!

-it removes that small tactical part of the game mode that it has

-Having the bigger Player numbers will mean EVEN more now ( no pls )

-as a PS2 player i can tell it works in PS2 BECAUSE it has waaay shorter TTK ( time to kill ) because its an fps and there are like 6-10+ Places you can go all around to cap and progress the transit line... in ESO it would be all bassicaly a straight line fighting for only One MAXIMUM 2 keeps... it would be horrendous..
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah that's not a great idea. you'd just have entire factions moving in one straight line... which would kinda suck.
    Invictus
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This HAS to be a :trollface: post. Please, dear gods, let this be a :trollface: post.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ewww... gross!

On a side note, do people still play PS2?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uh oh, I seem to be in the unpopular minority with you in this one @ArchMikem ...

only thing different i would add - not make it impossible - just very difficult...and don't include glademist, arrius or faregyl...just the two gate keeps...

also, make it so you can't store enemy scrolls there...

the max resource/keep/outpost level is 5 - make those two faction gate keeps about level 10 for the opposing factions and level 1 for the home faction...

hate me if you'd like - just not a big fan of being gated...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love getting reminded what the community is like when you say something unpopular. Really shows their true colors.

Like it or not the fact remains it would make things better as well as some things worse. Lag could get worse, but youd never be in a small battle again. Capturing a keep and advancing would MEAN something. Itd be an achievement. This is not "just some zerglings" wetdream. Seriously if you people cant face fighting an army as an army and instead resort to riding across the map to seal club randoms in the back keeps with your Destro Ults and gank builds, then you really need to git gud.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love getting reminded what the community is like when you say something unpopular. Really shows their true colors.

Like it or not the fact remains it would make things better as well as some things worse. Lag could get worse, but youd never be in a small battle again. Capturing a keep and advancing would MEAN something. Itd be an achievement. This is not "just some zerglings" wetdream. Seriously if you people cant face fighting an army as an army and instead resort to riding across the map to seal club randoms in the back keeps with your Destro Ults and gank builds, then you really need to git gud.

jiFfM.jpg
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess this will surprise you, but some of us like small battles. Their absence is not something I'd support. Neither is any increase in the inevitable zerglag, or being forced to be where it is. No thank you.

It sounds like you're getting rolled at your back keeps. Yes? Sympathies. Part of the problem imo is that defending anything is not rewarding in the AP sense, and a coordinated group hitting a back keep isn't much of a threat to anybody's offensive ambitions, so not much rushing to your aid. They could fix that by adjusting how AP is awarded, but don't hold your breath. The other problem is people are just bored with the Alliance War and its objectives, and doing whatever is rewarding or whatever is particularly fun for them. It's probably not going to be fun or rewarding for anybody not-them.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh hell nawh

what would happen to the known morale boost moves then?

EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag could get worse, but youd never be in a small battle again.

But why is being in a small battle automatically a bad thing???
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to give incentive to defend this back keeps, maybe make back keeps worth more points overall to the campaign. That way there is incentive to try and hold those because they are worth more to keep, but it also helps the enemy too much if you let them take them. It wouldn't completely cluster everyone because your own faction will want to take the enemies back keeps too.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

But why is being in a small battle automatically a bad thing???

i guess it is a bad thing when you´re like really awful and the numbers are small enough that personal skill actually matters. this applies to like 98% of the pvp community tho. that fact + the game beeing objective based which has always been the death of competitive pvp + the fact that ZOS has consistently made 1vX and small group pvp harder to compete against the zerg over the years makes for this crappy gameplay we have now. ive seen this coming on first day of beta when i ported into cyrodiil and saw the map design. games like warhammer and GW2 would have told an experienced developer why this kind of design is absolutely terrible but i suppose whoever designed that map has never played an mmo before or atleast not on a relevant skill level.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are not things to just hand-wave away. Your suggestions would cripple dynamic map play. And thinking that it's ok to create more lag and completely eliminate small scale combat is incredibly dismissive of both the biggest problem with ESO pvp, and the biggest way to avoid it.

Do you actually work for another pvp game, and are hoping that Zeni makes changes that drive us all your way? Because that makes more sense than your suggestion being real.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always wonder what various games would be like on maps from others.

Bridge fight with your BF4 character stuff like that. An ESO raid running around on a PUBG map etc

must be a day for silly ideas