The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

First character dilemma - best for farming/grinding (PVE)

VoltageFoth
VoltageFoth
Soul Shriven
I've dilemma about 2 classes for now - Magblade and Magsorc ... Both are really nice and I really don't know which one to chose. That is why I need to ask someone who have idea which one of this 2 or maybe something else is best for Start (I don't want to play 1000 characters ) - mainly i play PVE ... So I want to get how much money I can from the farm/grinding to get some EQ...
I mainly play solo for now.

The good thing for me about magblade is that he have cloak + hp drain but in next site Magsorc have best AOE, let me know if you have any Ideas or have more experience in those classes and maybe someone will give me an good idea : )

THANKS!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc for solo cuz pets
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VoltageFoth
    VoltageFoth
    Soul Shriven
    : ) - Im playing right now as Sorc but I will not Aim for petbuild on ps4
    Magblade is really nice but combo is hard : ) - I will play as nightblade for fun but as main I will have Sorc :)
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with sorc. Tried to go without pets. But I didnt like it. Its hard to stay alive. But when you do use a pet and hardened ward, you have to put them on both bars so it always felt like I didnt have enough slots for skills. It made the character boring to play. Shes stuck at level 45, I will probably change her to pvp.
    I made a stamblade and Im finding her way way more fun. And although everyone says mag sorc is suppose to be easier, I find my stamblade easier, Im breezing through content that I had struggled with magsorc.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc easily

a) Best first vMA class
    b) Amazing AoE for grinding
    c) Big shield + easy self heals
    d) Few active skills (double pet or inner light + bound aegis)

You can also farm materials pretty easily.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with sorc. Tried to go without pets. But I didnt like it. Its hard to stay alive. But when you do use a pet and hardened ward, you have to put them on both bars so it always felt like I didnt have enough slots for skills. It made the character boring to play. Shes stuck at level 45, I will probably change her to pvp.
    I made a stamblade and Im finding her way way more fun. And although everyone says mag sorc is suppose to be easier, I find my stamblade easier, Im breezing through content that I had struggled with magsorc.

I have a sore and no pet. Only level 39. I use a resto staff on back bar for a heal and it seems to keep me alive and get the mobs down. Can even do delve bosses by myself.

I had issues when I used a pet..mostly pathing problems cause I like to jump off/climb up stuff and my pet would take the path and drag all the mobs with them.

For now with leveling I'll stick to having a resto staff on the back bar until I get better.
    Edited by Juju_beans on December 30, 2017 6:57AM
  • Erekon
    Erekon
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade - A bit hard (but fun IMO) but it will force you to learn how to animation cancel properly. (Assassin's will ftw)

Petsorc - Relatively easy + a bit boring but that's my opinion.
    Edited by Erekon on December 30, 2017 1:54PM
    PC EU
    @ybbarc

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer magblade. In practise it's been faster in farming and grinding than petsorc, mainly because of it's better resource regen.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone