Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy help required

Kn1ghtTemplar
Kn1ghtTemplar
✭✭
i am nearly a master crafter in alchemy all i have left is the expert alchemy furnisher and to get to level 50. i am stuck on 'LEARN 10 ALCHEMY FORMULAE', i know more than 10 so what am i doing wrong?

Simon
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm reading your question correctly, you are referring to the Alchemy Formulae (recipes) for furnishing. If that is correct, the best thing to do is make sure you truly do know 10 of them and the next tier of the achievement will open up. There are 3 tiers to the furnishing achievements for alchemy. They can be viewed here:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting_Achievements

Becoming a "master alchemist" really just means getting your alchemy skill up to level 50. The method for doing this is to discover all components' traits and to make a boatload of potions/poisons to increase the skill. Once you hit 50 the "master alchemist" achievement will be unlocked - but this has nothing to do with furnishing at all.

The alchemy skill line achievements can be looked at in more detail here:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alchemy_Trait_Achievements

Hope that helps! :smile:

EDIT: Clarification (I got my Enchanting and Alchemy furnishing recipe names reversed!)
    Edited by VoodooPlatypus on December 29, 2017 11:19AM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Knight. It sounds like it could be a UI bug, do you have any add-ons running? if not you may want to send a support ticket through the in-game menu.

But just to check (sorry if this is patronising but I don't know how long you have been playing), alchemy formulae are recipes to make certain kinds of rare furniture for houses, for example making many lights require knowing formulae. To confirm how many alchemy formulae you know you should go to an alchemy station and go to the furnishings tab and see how many items you have the knowledge to make. Alchemy forumlae are very rare compared to other furnishing recipes.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Kn1ghtTemplar
    Kn1ghtTemplar
    ✭✭
    Cheers guys,

Voodoo im not far of lvl 50 it however its after the 'Master Resin Harvester' you get the expert alchemy furnisher.

Jim_Pipp,
    is it on about learning the crafts for furniture if so where can i find them.
    i tried post an image but i need ta url for that

Simon
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers guys,

Voodoo im not far of lvl 50 it however its after the 'Master Resin Harvester' you get the expert alchemy furnisher.

Jim_Pipp,
    is it on about learning the crafts for furniture if so where can i find them.
    i tried post an image but i need ta url for that

Simon

Yeah it is about learning the recipes that let you make furniture. Some of the alchemy furnishings are really common because they drop from mobs, in particular killing daedra will drop some purple recipes for "daedric pedestal" and "daedric brazier" very often. But most alchemy formulae are rare and will require a lot of farming, if you want to farm then I suggest thieving in the clockwork city because the plans to make different clockwork shubbery are green and so relatively common, and any other plans you find will be worth a fortune!

Alternatively, if gold is no problem then buying formulae through guild traders will always be the fastest way to get furnishing recipes. As I mentioned above, if you want to check what formulae you already know then visit an alchemy crafting station and there should be an option to select "furnishing" instead of potion or poison, (I have a lot of add-ons changing my UI so I don't remember where the option is by default, but I think on console you get the choice as soon as you interact with the station) when you get to the furnishing crafting part of the alchemy station make sure you get it to show you the items you have the knowledge to make and not just the ones you have the ingredients to make.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Kn1ghtTemplar
    Kn1ghtTemplar
    ✭✭
    cheers