The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

magplar build

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently running
5 shacklebreaker
3 will power
2 torugs dw swords
2 skoria

thinking about using 5 soulshine and 5 warmaiden
2 skoria. has anybody tried this or is running this.
need Advice please.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm currently running
    5 shacklebreaker
    3 will power
    2 torugs dw swords
    2 skoria

thinking about using 5 soulshine and 5 warmaiden
    2 skoria. has anybody tried this or is running this.
    need Advice please.

Ss and maiden is a zerg surfing build imo. But you hit hard that's for sure. Do SS: 2swords, 1 jewelry, chest, legs. The rest do wm and light monster gear and you'll be in light armor.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a feeling it might be a bit much.
    in that case I might keep shackbreaker and replace willpower/torugs for warmaiden.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With 5 shackle 5 lich you could run tri food for a disgustingly high stampool, then skoria and 2 willpower swords, good damage and sustain all around.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 13k stam which I find to be just fine in fairness.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My magplar runs trans(back bar)+damage set(body)+Bloodspawn+Infused destro

With tri-glyphs and WM it’s 35k+ magika 3k++ spell damage(depending on your choice of damage set), 2k recovery, 13k stam.

For BGs, i run trans+SPC+troll
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 26, 2017 4:16PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to run heavy as my primary set in pvp/ imperial city/battle grounds. so much easier to survive/sustain in PvP and il choose sustain over light passivs any day.in light it's just a matter of time untill I get wrecked by a stamblade out of no where.in heavy they hardly scratch me
    Edited by Syiccal on December 26, 2017 4:48PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to run heavy as my primary set in pvp/ imperial city/battle grounds. so much easier to survive/sustain in PvP and il choose sustain over light passivs any day.in light it's just a matter of time untill I get wrecked by a stamblade out of no where.in heavy they hardly scratch me

Have you tried running a defensive focused set? I find that with Transmutation(~3800 crit resist) and bloodspawn(10% mitigation) I'm sitting in the 26k range for resists and have perfect sustain. Then you get to take advantage of the spell critical and penetration that light armor offers(this is more damage than ANY set in the game adds to your build) while also stacking in a nice damage set(I like surge and julianos). This allows you to have superior mitigation to heavy armor setups(that don't include a defense set) while also packing significantly more damage than any heavy armor build can manage.

Basically, its much easier to find ways to add survivability to a build than it is to replace the light armor passives. If you choose overwhelming surge as your damage set then you've got a 13m aoe cloak counter that procs just for existing, does nice damage, has top tier 2-4 pieces, and procs concussion(8% more damage).
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just really not a fan of light in pvp.
    what I really need to know..is warmaiden worth using over willpower/torugs set up before I commit to it.
    shacklebreaker/soulshine (my heavy sets will be staying)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just really not a fan of light in pvp.
    what I really need to know..is warmaiden worth using over willpower/torugs set up before I commit to it.
    shacklebreaker/soulshine (my heavy sets will be staying)

No, it isn’t. It does not boost your healing in the way willpower+Torugs does.

Edit: soul shine suffers these same issue with war maiden. It won’t matter on the main BoL heal, but the aoe smaller one will suffer a whole lot. Julianos is a superior choice to maidenbut can’t be paired with shackle. Spinners is more damage than maiden if you’re going to use a 5pc that doesn’t boost healing
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 26, 2017 7:35PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say of ur gonna go overwhelming surge as some have suggested, then go wizards riposte on back bar and lightning staff on from that, you have double (i think) chance to proc concussion from overwhelming surge and also from all destro attacks on ur bar.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im running 2 setups atm

trans snb backbar and jewels, surge on body, 2 willpower swords and either skoria or if i want to be freaking tanky 2 pirate skeleton

works as intended.
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizards reposte (SnB backbar)/shacklebreaker monster set if choice, SnB willpower or duel wield( main hand nirnhoned)5/1/1 light 2 dmg 1 recovery enchants.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Wizards reposte (SnB backbar)/shacklebreaker monster set if choice, SnB willpower or duel wield( main hand nirnhoned)5/1/1 light 2 dmg 1 recovery enchants.

also good and useable setup!

the extra stam on shackle is amazing
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pm me, i can show you some old videos of war maiden and soulshine in heavy and light armor.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of Axiom.

The mag and Stam are on the 4th item bonus, so I only run x5 front bar

Transmutation x5 back bar

Using Slimecraw ATM

I think it's a 17k dark flare tool tip

I use it for BGs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trans is made for magplar, just toss a tri-glyph on your shield and it’s 100% uptime self-proc. There’s just nothing that’s as appealing imo given the magplar’s need for sustain. Remember that NO magika set offers more consistent damage+healing than building for sustain and running 3x spell damage glyphs and that magplar needs a lot of sustain on DW+SnB
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now using 5 heavy shackle and 5 warmaiden (dw) with 2 trans on back bar (s/b) I sustain just fine to be fair
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now using 5 heavy shackle and 5 warmaiden (dw) with 2 trans on back bar (s/b) I sustain just fine to be fair

You should make the switch to light armor. You'll love it. It takes anticipation of attacks and timings, but the damage is so far superior. Plus a huge boost to crit for healing.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    which light armour do you suggest?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the added stam from shackle could that work in light?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the added stam from shackle could that work in light?

Absolutely, shackle breaker is just solid. The other suggestions are just suggestions for preference. Or if you don't want to have to have x5 on both bars
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shackle works for light, run 1 shield play enchant and use block as a way to relieve pressure when focused
    Trans works as a back bar set and adds sustain
    Impreg is awesome, you can use it to stack crit resist very high or to run lots of sturdy for block costs.
    Riposte is nice, particularly if you’re using a damage shield(which may help the transition to light armor)
    Pirate and Bloodspawn are great undaunted options.

Basically you want to build at least 1 defensive/utility set, some sustain, then rely on light armor passives + whatever additional damage you can add(wether that’s undaunted, a 5pc, jewelry glyphs+mundus, whatever)