Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need to get to coldharbour to grind

HerculesGL
I've read that it's the best place to grind. I'm only level 14 and have not unlocked it yet. Anyway to get there quickly?
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask in zone chat, "Can someone taxi/teleport me to Coldharbour please"? :)

If this is your first char, I recommend to do the main quest in addition to grinding. You get skill points and learn to play the game better.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Travel to a guildie. If that is something you do not want to do then do the main quest line and get some great skill points on the way. Most are quick quests.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Main quest give skill points, big chunks of xp and teaches you, cold harbour was only good for grinding back before one tamriel, now the zone levels as you do so it’s no better than anywhere else
  • HerculesGL
    It's my second character. I'm wanting to go there to level up my fighters guild.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can join a large guild, then watch who is online in the guild roster. You can port to any online guildie at any time without asking, which can be a fast way to open wayshrines. Just sort by who’s online (green), select a player where you want to go, then travel to.

Coldharbour isn’t my favorite place to grind, honestly. Even fighters guild. It used to be a good place, but now that everything is the same level it’s not really.

On a new character you need skill points as well as leveling, so first do all the public dungeons, which have. A shard and a full point. Do their quests too, which are all self contained in the dungeon and have big xp rewards. For repeat grinding and leveling fighters specifically, a lot of these are undead and Daedra dungeons, and are packed far denser than Coldharbour. Specifically the dungeons in shadowfen, eastmarch, reapers, rivenspire.

But better than anything for fighters, close the dolmens. You get all those Daedra kills, plus the first time you close each dolmen you get a massive boost to fighters. (You’ll see it when the xp comes in, in the lower right corner). On my last couple of new characters I started them by running all public dungeons and dolmens in the vanilla game, probably in training armor during an xp event. They wind up around fighters guild 7-9 when they hit vet, no particularly long grinds other than maybe doing the alikr dolmen Zerg a bit to finish off some psijic.