The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unbalanced faction populations-PS4 NA

Zildjian2112
Zildjian2112
✭✭✭
Populations are becoming extremely unbalanced on ps4 it seems. It feels like reds outnumber blues and yellows at least 2to1. Obviously i have no proof other than that red zergs flood open world and IC and server bars always show red pop capped in all cp campaigns. Should we all just be reds?...Did EP win the alliance war? Its craziness. Im blue for life so i don't wanna switch but this is becoming extremely boring to get face rolled by 20 reds hidden on every flag...I honestly have no idea how its even fun for reds lol. Anybody else feel this way or just me?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this about ps4/na/shor?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice it just by looking at populations in servers (more in off-hours). It seems there is always far more EP than the other alliances.

This happened at launch too. Maybe it’s the new players who joined this year aiding EP more due to lore?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4/na/vivec...six days left in the campaign and all three alliances are within 200 points of each other...

definitely one of the most competitive, best balanced campaigns in a while...

every time though I glance at the pop bars for shor - usually 2 bars for red, no bars for blue and yellow...

yeah, not exactly competition at its finest...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zildjian is one of the oldest continuously operated corporations in the world, with its origins in 17th century Constantinople. The patriarch of the famed cymbal company was an alchemist who, in his pursuit to transmute common metals to gold, discovered an alloy that was durable in thin sheets and made harmonious notes when struck. His cymbals were sponsored by the Ottoman state and incorporated into the famed marching bands of the Janissary corps. The rest is history.

To this day, Zildjian cymbals and drums are a staple of bands around the world and sometimes also @names for players in ESO.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Zildjian is one of the oldest continuously operated corporations in the world, with its origins in 17th century Constantinople. The patriarch of the famed cymbal company was an alchemist who, in his pursuit to transmute common metals to gold, discovered an alloy that was durable in thin sheets and made harmonious notes when struck. His cymbals were sponsored by the Ottoman state and incorporated into the famed marching bands of the Janissary corps. The rest is history.

To this day, Zildjian cymbals and drums are a staple of bands around the world and sometimes also @names for players in ESO.

Lol thats all very true

• Zildjian2112
    Zildjian2112
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ps4/na/vivec...six days left in the campaign and all three alliances are within 200 points of each other...

definitely one of the most competitive, best balanced campaigns in a while...

every time though I glance at the pop bars for shor - usually 2 bars for red, no bars for blue and yellow...

yeah, not exactly competition at its finest...

Yeah my complaint is mostly with shor because i play there to avoid the queues. Although i couldn't tolerate it in there last night so i queued into vivec and was met with a nice zerg of about 12 red over there as well. As far as i could tell there were 3 blues in IC and at least 20 reds total. Blue always seems to be outnumbered. Also in response to Vaoh i see a lot of players that used to be blue playing red almost exclusively now. There may be an influx of new red players for lores sake but the seasoned players all seem to be going EP as well. Not sure what caused the switch but it makes it tough on blue for sure. I guess if you can't beat em join em. Eventually there will be no blue then reds can just run in 25 man zergs everywhere getting 100 telvar from each district boss lol.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are dozens of threads about population imbalance. At the moment, Zenimax doesn't seem to care.

As a PS4 NA/EP-Only player, I roll in both Shor and Vivec. Shor is popular with EP for several reasons.

1) Fact: The number of 30-Day CP/Vet campaigns EP has won in the past 30 months can be counted on one hand. People are tired of being outnumbered and playing against massive AD Destro-Train zergs (and the same old AD emp over and over again).

2) Some people (not me, I might add) care about obtaining the Emperor achievement. In Vivec that's one chance every 30 days because the gap on the leaderboard for the top players gets huge. I think that's true of all factions. So if you have dreams of being Emperor for a day, you're better off trying a 7 day campaign where the leaderboard resets every week.

3) Lately, EP cooperation in Shor between guilds and groups has been strong. Zone chat has been largely salt-free. That's appealing to both serious and casual players alike. Zone chat in Vivec is just plain toxic at least 50% of the time.

I will note that DC has had Emperor in Vivec several times in the past 7 days (Nice to see, by the way). AD has had Emp in both Shor and Vivec in the past week. EP, I don't believe has had much luck with Emp in Vivec, but has been successful in Shor.

I realize that most of the OP's issues are with Imperial City, and I don't roam those tunnels very often. I still feel that a lot of these issues can be mitigated, if not totally fixed, with some incentives and changes. IMHO ZOS would be wise to consider this for the long term health of the PvP aspects of the game but all we can do for now is deal with it as best we can.
    PS4NA