Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coming Back (Questing)

MonkeyCancer
MonkeyCancer
Soul Shriven
I've been tinkering on getting back into ESO for a bit now but I'm a bit lost. I played a bit on PC and then a good bit on Xbox at least enough to get to 50 with some CP. I was doing mostly questing and post main story and first "area" quest line I thought I would go through the next 2. I really didn't like the solo questing after that point, at least with the build I had.

So that was back before expansions. I reinstalled last night and I'm in a cave somewhere and not sure where to go. Thanks to the community, I already found some useful build ideas to explore, but I'm just not sure what to do at this point quest-wise. I have enough in game currency to get all of the original DLC, and with Morrowind on sale I'll probably pick that up, but as far as where to go does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to dump the current quest line I'm on at least for now and start somewhere else. Would diving straight into Morrowind be best? A bit interested in the other post-launch DLC, is it better to run through those quest lines first?

Mostly solo play in the past and likely going to be solo questing for a bit until I have more dedicated time. Any thoughts would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In a cave somewhere" is pretty vague....
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • MonkeyCancer
    MonkeyCancer
    Soul Shriven
    "In a cave somewhere" is pretty vague....

Completely understand, wanted to post while it was on my brain but couldn't log in at the time. I guess I could have at least looked at a map. I'm in western Stonefalls right now. I did the AD quests and started on EP when I started to lose interest.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can these days just jump anywhere and do anyhing without order. Nothing prevents jumping to other alliances or into DLCs. Look at caravan or anchor icons in towns. There are new Navigators, which assists you to travel other areas or alliances. You can trigger any DLC story from Collections/Stories tab.

EP storyline gets more interesting after Stonefalls, so you might just continue Ebonheart. I suggest to continue it, but pick a DLC, e.g. Thieves Guild and jump there for a fresh place.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said you didn't like solo questing with the build you had, but you'll likely be solo questing in the near future.

If you'd like some build help, post your class/race and whether you're Mag or Stam focused, and the community will jump in with suggestions. For questing, it's generally something with 10-15k DPS, self-sustain, and some CC, at least that's what works for me.
  • MonkeyCancer
    MonkeyCancer
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both! Build is magic based. I breezed through the main and AD content but anything 50+ when it came to multiple mobs or unique mobs I either didn't have the damage output nor did I have survivability. That's where things fell apart. I've found a few builds already and going to keep looking. Just browsing I'm now anxious to get back! Thanks again!
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class?
  • MonkeyCancer
    MonkeyCancer
    Soul Shriven
    Sorcerer, level 50, 21 CPS. Going to fully respect attributes and skills.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming Magicka build:

Put all 64 attribute points into Magicka. At least 5 light, maybe 2 heavy if you need survivability. Crafted for now if you can make or buy cheaply, blue grade is fine. Do Undaunted normal daily dungeons, and save the keys.

Once you get to 160, go to Deshaan and farm Mother's Sorrow until you get purple jewelry and two other pieces. Also turn in your undaunted keys, using them all in the large middle chest, to get a Molag Kena shoulder. Then craft or have made your other pieces in Julianos.

Use Lightning staff on one bar, flame staff on the other.

Flame Staff bar: Power Surge, keep this up at all times, with the high spell critical you will be self-healing automatically. Hardened Ward. Haunting Curse. Force Shock or morph to Force Pulse. Crystal Frags. Your choice of ultimate.

Shock Staff bar: Lightning Flood, Wall of Elements, Encase or morph, Boundless Storm, Harness Magicka. Your choice of ultimate.

This is a very fool-proof solo questing build with CC from Encase, self heals from Power Surge, AOE damage on your shock bar and single-target on your flame bar.

Have fun.
  • MonkeyCancer
    MonkeyCancer
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks so much!!