The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spider Nest Boss solo

Jpk0012
Jpk0012
✭✭✭✭
Hey, I can't figure out the secret to this guy. He's laying down red spots everywhere and his poison must ignore resistances, because I go down faster than a two dollar working girl on nickel day.

Can anyone share some insight? Thanks!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The WB in north Stormhaven? It's easier if you are ranged because that lets you move around. You pretty much have to move all the time to avoid the little spiders while damaging the big. Wipe the adds with ulti. The poison spray is avoidable because it gives the standard red sector warning. CC-break the cocoon immediately. And randomly you might get cocooned on red spot and sprayed and then you die. Just laugh and retry.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is one of the harder World Bosses. I use it as part of my self tank test when creating a new tank. All DoTs ignore block, poisons do not ignore resistance though, they fall under physical and there own i. e. Bosmer passive. The WB does a cone spray that hits particularly hard. Thats the one thing my tanks can't stay in.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not range, unfortunately - DK.

OK. I thought I was avoiding the red cone spray, but with so much moving around I must have kept getting caught in it. That must be a killer poison if it doesnt ignore resistance, because it cuts through my 30K+ resistance and 35K health like butter.

Thanks, guys! I will give it another a try.