The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who can cast Petrify?

Blackbrook
Blackbrook
✭✭
25734282_163638554393464_7282517152371818685_o.jpg?oh=5ff4cc0a0cac872c1f19b1c482ebb186&oe=5ACADFDC

I haven't played in almost a year, but how is it that a Sorc can cast Petrify?
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly lazy zeni coders just copy/pasted petrify onto rune cage with the rune changes and now it shows up like that? Not sure tbh. Probably a l2p issue.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs got rune cage buffed to be petrify and dk got it nerfed down to 8m range. Looks like they literally gave petrify to sorc
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show the full names. I bet it’s two different people with a different but similar special character in the name .
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Thogard seems like the first two replies were right. Just tested this with a magsorc guildy, and Rune Cage is indeed showing-up as Petrify on death recaps:

koebRP0.png

It also seems to be messing with the order of abilities on the recap, because I'm fairly sure that it didn't score the killing blow on me.

On the topic of different players showing-up on the death recap, however... here's an interesting *possible* exploit that two of my guildies ran into several weeks ago:

B5NgIwo.png

Notice that abilities from both a sorc and an NB are listed on the recap, and these were indeed two different toons (you can see them in the background, I've circled their nametags in red). But we've scrutinised the recap a dozen times, and we're absolutely sure they belonged to the same @ name, no special characters involved (I think it's not even possible to include special characters in an @ name, anyway).

Definitely something to wonder about.
    Edited by TheYKcid on December 26, 2017 3:40PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs got rune cage buffed to be petrify and dk got it nerfed down to 8m range. Looks like they literally gave petrify to sorc

You know that petrify got also buffed for dk since it does no longer break on damage, which makes it in my opinion now stronger than before even with the reduced range. It also roots and is cheaper than the sorc version. (I think both cc are stupid since the have no counter)

ZOS changed some skills in the last update and they just strg+c the dk skill but forget to rename it.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly the shattering rocks morph, a dk hit the sorc and the aoe damage hit you.
    Edited by Domander on December 27, 2017 7:12AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If a sorc uses Petrify on you, it's actually rune cage. Some issue with coding shows it as petrify.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well rune cage is basically a ranged petrify now, maybe there is some copy and paste sloppiness going on...