Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tank and healer numbers - an idea

Mancombe_Nosehair
Mancombe_Nosehair
✭✭✭✭✭
Perhaps a way to increase the number of healers and tanks is to have achievements ie skill points for the number of opponents taunted in group dungeons eg 1 for 100 taunts, 250, 500 etc and have the same for the number of group members healed.

Thoughts?
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    I see what you're trying to get at, but I don't think it would work. The problem is people think tanking and healing is boring, just taunt and stand still, just lay down all your healing things and maybe use a burst heal every 20 seconds or so. It's not engaging for people who don't normally do it.
    Then for people that are healer and tank mains (like myself) it can get frustrating babysitting a bunch of people that go and stand in red/step in front of the boss and get oneshot and blame you for it.

Adding xp/achievement rewards aren't going to change anything just like no one is master fisherman even when they brought in perfect roe.
    What needs to happen to encourage it more, in my opinion, is make it fun, engaging and rewarding. How? Make dungeons/trials have more engaging mechanics with satisfying rewards. So people will want a good tank and it will be fun tanking.
    Which we already kinda have, each additional dungeon/trials added have had super fun mechanics added.
    I guess tank mains will always be tanks.
    Dps mains will always dps.

(But they also need to adjust solo questing for healers and tanks, that stuff sucks and takes so long, boring as hell)
    Edited by Nephimana on December 26, 2017 7:12PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nephimana wrote: »
    I see what you're trying to get at, but I don't think it would work. The problem is people think tanking and healing is boring, just taunt and stand still, just lay down all your healing things and maybe use a burst heal every 20 seconds or so. It's not engaging for people who don't normally do it.
    Then for people that are healer and tank mains (like myself) it can get frustrating babysitting a bunch of people that go and stand in red/step in front of the boss and get oneshot and blame you for it.

Adding xp/achievement rewards aren't going to change anything just like no one is master fisherman even when they brought in perfect roe.
    What needs to happen to encourage it more, in my opinion, is make it fun, engaging and rewarding. How? Make dungeons/trials have more engaging mechanics with satisfying rewards. So people will want a good tank and it will be fun tanking.
    Which we already kinda have, each additional dungeon/trials added have had super fun mechanics added.
    I guess tank mains will always be tanks.
    Dps mains will always dps.

(But they also need to adjust solo questing for healers and tanks, that stuff sucks and takes so long, boring as hell)
    See issue for health tank builds, not for healers as they are easy to convert to DD with gear and bar swap.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.