The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

crafting for strangers

gimpdrb14_ESO
gimpdrb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
is asking for 1k per trait per piece to much, when someone is asking for a crafter in zone chat?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unprecise answer is it's whatever you think your crafting services are worth.

The precise answer is to add up the price of all the materials needed for the crafting engagement ... and then add 20% as your fee or "tip".

If the player is supplying the materials, then it's just your fee or "tip".
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Per piece isn't really a thing anymore, it's all done by "tip."

For research items, I expect at least 300 per item, for nirn 1k.
    For a full set of armor - 5k.
    I have been tipped more, and yes, for those who tip well I will drop whatever I am doing and craft immediately.

Be warned, most people who just say "make me x" will either A - whine about mats prices, because when they asked for a gold staff didn't realize the rosin alone is 30k, B - refuse to pay, leaving you with a gold staff of Ashen Grip with a legendary enchant to decon, or C - refuse to pay until you take off the "tip" you added.

For research items... most people refuse to pay. They think all advancd crafters have 10k jute/rawhide/iron lying around to make them whatever reserach items they need, and 1k stacks of style stones too. I craft housing items - I'm always low on style stones, and the bits of low level mats I get from writs are sold. Therefore, I stopped crafting for research except for friends.

When crafting for strangers I ask for a mail, with a detailed description of what they want, and all mats (including style and upgrades). Tip is really up to them, and yes I've been tipped 100g for a full 11 piece set in 3 different styles. I've also been tipped 120k for walking someone through how to craft, why I'm asking for green and blue tempers for a purple item, knowing how much they should send me, which styles use which stones, etc.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 26, 2017 9:16PM