The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How much do I charge people for sets?

Yubarius
Yubarius
✭✭✭✭
Hi all, I've been a crafter for a long time and I'm very close to being 9 trait on everything. I've occasionally crafted for people but I always have the dilemma of what to charge for sets. Do you charge a base amount and increase by trait requirement, dlc, etc? If so, what is the base and at what increment do you increase by?
  • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
  • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
  • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
  • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
  • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
  • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
  • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
  • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I’m making a set for someone asking in game when I’m logged in and ready to craft anyway, I ask for mats plus any 1 gold temper. It’s probably cheap, but I don’t mind crafting for people.

You might make more gold selling in a guild store...I used to do this, and desirable armor sells for a good profit. My recommendations:

Make sure your guild has a Trader in a decent spot each week. It’s worth the rent to be in one of the big four spots.

Pick a desirable higher trait set from the current meta...something many people run, like Hundings, twice born, Shacklebreaker, etc.

Pick an okay looking style...preferably something a little rarer where you have or can get addl trait stones. Like I did outlaw for a while because I had 900+ stones.

Make purple armor, and use the most desirable traits...probably divines on everything.

Armor will sell in weird allotments...sometimes one piece, sometimes several. If someone comes and buys your pants, you want to list things so that another buyer can still make a set if they want. To keep the store as well stocked as possible, I make and list a lot composed of: 1 piece each of head and shoulder in appropriate med or light weight, 2 piece each of rest in appropriate weight, 1 piece of leg, feet and/or head in heavy. That’s 15 store slots. Because a lot of players wear a monster helm, those pieces sell slower...and most people wear a bit of heavy so those sell as well.

Do some research on pricing. Add up what top guild prices are for the mats you’re using. Also look and see what armor like that is selling for in the guild you’re going to sell in, or in that location. You want to price so you make a decent profit, but low enough to get the sales rolling. I haven’t sold gear in a while, but when I was a couple of months ago I was listing mediums around $15k per piece, and heavy/light at $20k.

I recommend pricing everything from the same set at the same price. Meaning, if you’re listing Hundings medium and heavy, make every single piece the same price even if it messes up the profits on the more expensive pieces. When your set is all lumped together in a store people will find it easier

I also recommend making the price “unique.” Like don’t list it for $20,000 because there are a bazillion items for that price in a busy store and then your gear won’t show up together. List for $19,980 or $20,140...keep your listing clumped together. (This also helps you if you need to go check inventory, especially if you decide to sell multiple sets).

I focus on purple c160 gear, but there’s a market for low level gear. If you get a shop in Elden root or a zone two city, you can make a decent profit selling blue low level gear (try to make it appropriate for the zone). Just remember that low level players have less gold...and the mats are cheap...so you’d make less.

Sorry, that’s a long post and not exactly what you asked for. I wrote the tips between loading characters for writs, and since I have ten crafters the tips added up, lol. If you do want to leverage your skills to sell gear, that should help, and good luck!
    Answer ✓
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they have the mats I usually charge them around 10k for the job if it's a full set of gear, 5 k if it's a few pieces, And only a couple K if it's like a few glyphs or something. Any mats they don't have i factor in what it cost me to buy the mat from one of the more popular traders. If they don't like the price I quote them for the missing mats I tell them they need to go get the mats themselves then.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For guild mates I don't charge anything. Maybe I'm being soft, but I'm in a leadership position in my main guild and feel that it's my 'duty.'

If someone knows exactly what they want and supply all needed materials I generally charge a flat 5k, regardless if it's 1 piece or 5 pieces.

If they need materials, and want to use my stash, I charge double the market rate. I don't sell my crafting supplies on traders because I use them myself, so if I am going to part with them, I'm going to make it worth my time to find them on a trader at a later point to replenish my stock. I also don't volunteer to trader shop for them, that's their job to do before requesting.

I will throw in any green tempers just to speed things up a bit and cut down on an additional mail attachment, but blue/purple/gold will need to come from the requester or purchased at the above rate.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)