The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wood elf dps build

HerculesGL
Fairly new to the game.
My original character was a dark elf which I focused on predominantly magical with a tad bit of health.
I ran him down both the destruction staff path and restoration staff path whilst not really knowing what I was doing.
I got to about cp130 then realised that I had no real strong build. He wasn't a healer, a dps or a tank.
Looking to start a dps build to have some fun with.

Any pointers on a build or skill tree would be great

Xbox one EU
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class r u??? Cause im Running woodelf on my stamblade and doing fine in PvP and pve
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im running a pvp wood elf bow/bow build with Hawk's eye and Marksman's
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• HerculesGL
    Oh I forgot to mention what my new character is. I opted for the wood elf this time.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a wood elf stamblade with bow/dw and feel pretty good with leveling in pve, delves and public dungeons.

I've died to bosses in delves but usually can beat them the second time because I know what to expect and how to react to it.
    I also like to keep my health at about 20K or so for survivability..I use the Lord and eat stamina/health food.

I haven't done any pvp yet.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can get some ideas from Alcast here: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
    or/and modify the build to your needs
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    Fairly new to the game.
    My original character was a dark elf which I focused on predominantly magical with a tad bit of health.
    I ran him down both the destruction staff path and restoration staff path whilst not really knowing what I was doing.
    I got to about cp130 then realised that I had no real strong build. He wasn't a healer, a dps or a tank.
    Looking to start a dps build to have some fun with.

Any pointers on a build or skill tree would be great

Xbox one EU

What's your class?

Race isn't so important, it isn't insignificant for min/maxing but you can pull very good numbers even with a woodelf. What is slightly more significant is matching racial passives with scaling. Woodelf's stamina bonuses mean you will want to focus on skills that scale with stamina, weapon damage, weapon critical. At least your passives will then synergize with your setup which will make you feel more powerful and functional.

For general purposes, Dual-Wield+Bow is the go to for PVE dps with the rare Bow/Bow, 2H+bow or Sword and Shield+2H are PVP setups. Stamina relies heavily on weapon skill lines with a little support from class skill lines. Your class will dictate some of your capabilities, but overall you should be able to perform as either DPS or as a tank.

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • HerculesGL
    I went with dragon Knight
    Not sure which skill lines to focus on?
    Is it worth my while doing fighters guild tree?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are planning on to be stamina DD it is not worth your while, it is required to do fighters guild tree.

As for what skill lines to focus on, focus on all class skill lanes, fighters guild, 2 weapon skill lines of choice (usually dw and bow) and medium armor. Thats for general leveling.

You will want to focus on alliance war skill line by doing little PVP and undaunted skill line by doing group dungeons too.
    Edited by SodanTok on December 26, 2017 10:33AM
  • HerculesGL
    Keeping in mind I don't intend to pvp much hoe many points should I put into stamina? All of them or is it advisable to put a few into health also?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HerculesGL wrote: »
    Keeping in mind I don't intend to pvp much hoe many points should I put into stamina? All of them or is it advisable to put a few into health also?

It depends greatly on what content you are running, what food you use , how much health you already have and most importantly what value you feel comfortable at.

Just do whatever suits best, you can always respec it. Recommended value is usually 17.5-18.5k for the top end game.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    you can get some ideas from Alcast here: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
    or/and modify the build to your needs

I like that he offers some "beginner" gear builds as well. It's amazing how the meta has changed for the PVE stamblade (usta be full crit, now that weapon dmg attronach).