The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Frost Crates

Joosef_Kivikilpi
Joosef_Kivikilpi
✭✭✭✭
Ummm... so I just became aware of the chance and the abysmal rng chance of obtaining Night Frost Atronach steed mount from the Flame Crates, which I don't even know why Frost stuff is located in Flame crates...

Would you please just let that be bought for 400 gems?

Or come out with Frost Crates where that steed is a mount and can be purchased via gems then?

Coming from an Elementalist build (Fire, Frost and Lightning), I'd really like to consistently know I could obtain an Elemental Steed that matches my character play style and not leave it to abysmal rng chance when I probably should be feeding starving children in Africa with my money.

haha

Thanks.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more of a play on cold fire than frost atronach; just be patient, though. They'll come out with frost themed items eventually. It's practically guaranteed.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    It's more of a play on cold fire than frost atronach; just be patient, though. They'll come out with frost themed items eventually. It's practically guaranteed.
    I just hope a different artist does the frost ones. :/
    Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    I just hope a different artist does the frost ones. :/

AGREE! The storm ones looked like living elementals, but the flame atronachs looked like molded plastic with bark glued on.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    AGREE! The storm ones looked like living elementals, but the flame atronachs looked like molded plastic with bark glued on.
    It particularly sucks for me, because I had a fire elemental-themed character who REALLY NEEDED SOME AWESOME fire mounts. Then they dropped those terrible things on us. I had enough gems to get one, and still didn't want any of them. Out of all of them I think the camel looked the best, but I hate riding camels because of the jerky bouncing, so ... meh. :/

Luckily, I'd gotten that black flame kagouti when it was available, so she'll just have to continue riding that one. Now THAT mount looks awesome.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have no idea why they put horns on a flame wolf, looks so bizarre!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    There's already a frost mare...
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
    Options
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but it was only released twice: Limited time, and then appeared in crown crates. And it doesn't look very daedric; just a horse made of ice. Most players tend to find the daedric-themed items to be cooler or more epic in appearance, and I agree; but if they end up being blue glowing smudges with horns on 'em, I, like many others, will have to pass. The design for the fire atronachs just didn't do them justice; maybe they'll fix it somewhere down the line, but I doubt it.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't do Frost Atronach crates after doing both Storm and Flame Atronach crates, that'd be a kick in the teeth.

Speaking of which, since we saw Flame Atronach crates in the winter, how much you wanna bet we'll see Frost Atronach crates in the summer? :P
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on December 23, 2017 7:10PM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But not everyone wants to ride a HORSE... I only ride Senche... so I would love to have a Frost Senche mount. Main reason, the freaking sound... riding a Senche is super quiet compared to most other mounts.
    Edited by ADarklore on December 23, 2017 9:54PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only flame mount I like is the horse. Usually prefer the senches, but the flame one looked terrible as do the rest of them.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    But not everyone wants to ride a HORSE... I only ride Senche... so I would love to have a Frost Senche mount. Main reason, the freaking sound... riding a Senche is super quiet compared to most other mounts.

I think horses look better, but the clop clop sound is annoying. And as far as the senches go, it depends on the individual mount. The Dwarven Senche sound like a car wreck, whereas the Dwarven Wolf is quiet and smooth. But the Flame Atronach Wolf makes a weird wheezing sound, like it has asthma or something.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't do Frost Atronach crates after doing both Storm and Flame Atronach crates, that'd be a kick in the teeth.

Speaking of which, since we saw Flame Atronach crates in the winter, how much you wanna bet we'll see Frost Atronach crates in the summer? :P

yep, I too found the release date for the flame crates untimely.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26249

Does anyone see that Dark Frost Atronach horse as a super rare reward in the Flame Crates??? Why!?

I need it. IT actually looks amazing and like an actual element unlike the Flame mounts.

Seriously --- I need it in my life haha
    Options