Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Added housing storage crates (soon) - advices for ZOS - HOW TO DO IT RIGHT

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a set hoarder, in addition to any storage items that ZOS has planned, I would love to see mannequins to store my large collection.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is me.... I need help....... Please ZoS!.... Do this right!....... I think I have a problem......I need help.......
    rr2n9x.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House storage should only hold bound items, and be sold for in game gold at ten slots per expansion, with thenforstmslot costing 100,000 gold then it roughly doubles for each additional ten slots, 200,000, then 400,000, then 800,000, then 1,600,000...

Just kidding. They should give people whatever they want with the homestead slots, because it’s totally pointless, it’ll hurt the economy, but frankly I don’t care if it brings massive destruction and suffering to the people’s of Tamriel so long as it puts a stop to the incessant forum whining about homestead slots, lol.

I suspect what we will get, however, is something with several slots, but it won’t hold anything that can fit into a craft bag. It might only hold furnishings...but probably some for armor too.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that players should be able to purchase housing storage via in-game gold, and or crowns.

I was expecting something totally different to storage crates. I hope that's just an assumption at this point. The housing storage I'm hoping for is that we'd be able to treat a limited number of items in our bank as furnishings we can actually place around our home, and interact with. Such as putting your buff food on the table and being able to sit down and eat it, or store it in your backpack. Or storing your trusty sword by the door, and being able to pick it up as you set off on some adventure. And we'd be able to unlock a few more slots at increasing cost, similar to how we did so for our back pack and bank.

I'd like to see things that make sense for home storage, not just bland chests we place on the floor. For instance they could make the housing storage as several 'furnishing' items of different physical sizes and appearances, with different capacities. In the kitchen you could purchase 'Food Sacks' which has the appearance of 5 or 6 sacks bursting with grains, beans, spices and allows you to store 40 stacks of different food. Then you could have 'Harvest Produce' which is a big bunch of sacks and crates filled with grains and fresh veg and meats which allows you to store 80 stacks of food...you get the idea. Plus each capacity could unlock a limited amount of items that you could physically display as a furnishing and interact with. This is probably wishful thinking though...so many items they'd need to turn into furnishings.

But you get my idea, if we do get some kind of crate storage, please make them furnishings that make sense. A bunch of produce, sacks and fresh food crates for cooking storage. Some weapon racks and armor stands for armor storage. A display cabinet or something to store collectibles. A locked glass cabinet for potions.

Edited by Asha_11_ESO on December 26, 2017 4:14PM