The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Warm" light vs "Cold" light in description of recipes and items, please

Ostacia
Ostacia
✭✭✭✭✭
Too many times now, I've been disappointed in buying lighting and only after placing it, discovering it throws off a cold light when I wanted warm light. Yesterday took the cake though. I spent 125 writ vouchers on the Telvanni Masterworks pattern (the candelabra), farmed for the heartwood, made the item, and merrily went to place it in a dining area. To my horror, it cast a ghastly blue light over a large area, so much so that I cannot use it. I humbly request that all lighting recipes and items include in the description which type of light they throw. Thanks!

PC/ NA
Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If possible, I recommend testing new pieces on the PTS.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many times now, I've been disappointed in buying lighting and only after placing it, discovering it throws off a cold light when I wanted warm light. Yesterday took the cake though. I spent 125 writ vouchers on the Telvanni Masterworks pattern (the candelabra), farmed for the heartwood, made the item, and merrily went to place it in a dining area. To my horror, it cast a ghastly blue light over a large area, so much so that I cannot use it. I humbly request that all lighting recipes and items include in the description which type of light they throw. Thanks!

Use the item preview, if the flame coming off a lighting source is blue it will be cold light, if it's orange/yellow it will be warm. Problem solved.

• teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

Use the item preview, if the flame coming off a lighting source is blue it will be cold light, if it's orange/yellow it will be warm. Problem solved.

Doesn't work, some lights are really inconsistent, some have an area on the size of a squirrel while some yellow crystals shine blue.
    Argonian masterrace
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they need to rework the preview so we can see lighting better and how far the light goes out. Give us some kind of standard or put our characters next to it so we can do a judge distance check that way as well.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Using a website such as ESO Fashion can be helpful as it usually shows you the scale of items and hints at what is emitted:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/housing/
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a website such as ESO Fashion can be helpful as it usually shows you the scale of items and hints at what is emitted:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/housing/

They are good but I really wish that they add a part where we can see the lighting better. Like take a picture of said light in the dark. That and one in light for good measure.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)