The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Bear mount"

swook33b16_ESO
swook33b16_ESO
✭✭✭
I dont wanna sound mean but I think you should take another look at the bear mount. The bear looks weird. I work at a zoo and I know that is not a bear, I have even asked my coworkers and they noticed it too that is not a bear. It looks like its a cross between a wolf and a gorilla with bear skin covering the body. Also the neck is like a giraffe and the head is bigger than the body which makes it so unnatural. Your npc normal bears looks more like a bear.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/10/Cave-Bear-Side.jpg
https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/76/cb/fd/la-vallee-des-singes.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Kamchatka_Brown_Bear_near_Dvuhyurtochnoe_on_2015-07-23.png/1200px-Kamchatka_Brown_Bear_near_Dvuhyurtochnoe_on_2015-07-23.png
http://376ybx3qes149re2y3qtrfmk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Bear-catching-salmon.jpg

First thing I noticed on the bear mount, were is its butt. Were the butt is suppose to be is just empty space. I know its abit late but Im been unable to make topics on the forums.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are Tamriel Bears in a fictional World full of Demon like beings and Dragons.

I'll let it slide
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    the bear mounts are my favorite, ive posted that like 5 times today haha at this point the whole forum must of heard
    but I was wondering what was up with the wild hunt and now the flame atro mount. looks like they have tusks, which is cool and all but your kinda right, not anatomically correct. but as @Nelson_Rebel said this is a world where theres talking cats and lizards, demon like creatures, multiple gods walking among men and elves. the bear butt is the least of my concerns haha
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha, when I ride my bear it looks like....nevermind :o
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, when I ride my bear it looks like....nevermind :o

Yeah the bear riding is rather alarming lol.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are Tamriel Bears in a fictional World full of Demon like beings and Dragons.

I'll let it slide

this! noone said the bears in Tamriel should look like the regular bears
  • cbdfarm
    cbdfarm
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I cant stand the bear animation, looks like the bear has down syndrome.
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed something now when i was looking at the Flame Atronach bear mount. its right side looks better then its left side. The head looks smaller and the neck is not so long and its back leg is more filled so its give the big butt. But when i turn it to its left side it looks just weird, I wonder if they align the right side to left side. Like mirrior its right side to the left side then the bear would look better. Im not sure, but i think the textures are in two part and the game puts it together. You can check too right side and the left and compare.
  • billp_ESO
    billp_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love riding papa bear, with momma bear and baby bear alongside.

:smiley:
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    I love riding papa bear, with momma bear and baby bear alongside.

:smiley:

just out of curiosity, do you wear any of the orsinium bear costumes while doing so?
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont wanna sound mean but I think you should take another look at the bear mount. The bear looks weird. I work at a zoo and I know that is not a bear, I have even asked my coworkers and they noticed it too that is not a bear. It looks like its a cross between a wolf and a gorilla with bear skin covering the body. Also the neck is like a giraffe and the head is bigger than the body which makes it so unnatural. Your npc normal bears looks more like a bear.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/10/Cave-Bear-Side.jpg
    https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/76/cb/fd/la-vallee-des-singes.jpg
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/Kamchatka_Brown_Bear_near_Dvuhyurtochnoe_on_2015-07-23.png/1200px-Kamchatka_Brown_Bear_near_Dvuhyurtochnoe_on_2015-07-23.png
    http://376ybx3qes149re2y3qtrfmk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Bear-catching-salmon.jpg

First thing I noticed on the bear mount, were is its butt. Were the butt is suppose to be is just empty space. I know its abit late but Im been unable to make topics on the forums.

Oh what zoo? I want to come see a Tamriel Brown Bear. Here they are super rare and exotic.
  • swook33b16_ESO
    swook33b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So only trolls on eso forums. well thats good to know.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the bears look fine. The riding animation is kinda _____.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • UberGameMasters
    UberGameMasters
    Soul Shriven

Unfortunately, it's unavoidable to not encounter apologists in every area of entertainment presently, (i.e. Fanboys) that don't understand the concept of critiques, and the healthy, yea necessary role they play in the artistic process. -Of course the critiques themselves should be valid and unbiased but none the less they are critiques. Critiques push us to make improvements.

Too many times these fanboys, in their unsophisticated and sycophantic naivety do mutate into full blown trolls
    ..(oxymoronically, a "troll" with a very thin skin. :D A thin skin for what they perceive as "jabs" at their FAVORITE EVER toy.

Never the less, yes -I agree. The Bear mounts could use a bit of a tweak. Make them a bit more ferocious I suppose.

-With that I'll also add, we have come a LONG way since the days of Pong and other 8-bit legacies. So I'm willing to cut them a little slack. ESO is one of my most endeared video games.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute you trying to pull a fast one, one's not a bear in that post it's a big Ape.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the lazy, who don't want to click and open the links.
    Cave-Bear-Side.jpg

la-vallee-des-singes.jpg

1200px-Kamchatka_Brown_Bear_near_Dvuhyurtochnoe_on_2015-07-23.png

Bear-catching-salmon.jpg
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have two major issues with the bear mount:

1. Everyone of my characters who previews it has their hands lower/higher than the reins, making it look like telekinesis.
    2. The bridle is the worst design in the game, it has no way to grip the bear's head (irl it would just slide off), making it look like magnetism.

Devs, please fix the hand to rein scaling and make a proper bridle.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Touchy. :)

I think they're okay, I'm more fussed about the horses' hind legs to be honest.

No worries, I'll get my own TrollChow!

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the weirdly long necks, too. The cats' necks are too long, too.

I like the bears' faces, though.
    The riding animations are weird. :'(

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 24, 2017 7:51AM