Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Manor or Large Home?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
I bought some crowns since there is a sale and now I'm stuck on this decision.
I see there are limits on items in your home but I'm newish and not sure how that might impact me later.
Is there any reason I might regret going large instead of Manor later on?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest waiting 'till next month. Once we see on pts how homestead storage is being implemented.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still waiting on the coldharbour surreal estate... :/
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    Homestead storage? What is that?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    Homestead storage? What is that?

new thing they are working on. no idea what it will actualy be.

that said. original 3 faction manors come with titles. large houses do not. on the other hand, the difference in number of decorations between large home and a manor is a lot less noticeable then the size difference not to mention cost difference so making a large house feel full is much easier then a manor. personaly I prefer large homes to manors, but your mileage may vary
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think most of the large houses are nicer than the manors. I wouldn't choose based off of "manor vs large" but rather off of looks/personal taste/whatever means most to you. Owning the manors gives you a few titles but otherwise there's no difference
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that the Pariah Pinnacle will leave the store soon. So if you are playing with the thought of buying it, don't wait too long.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends a lot on whether you want to quickly furnish it, or consider it as a longer-term project. I like the mansions as they give me more creative options, and they are a gradual process.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Large homes are best for decorating. The max item limit hurts badly what you can do in manors. You either have to leave some areas completely empty or use just large items.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    Buy the only real manor, Mathiisen Manor! Not a "manor" like the Chateau or the Overlook but has the word manor in its name and looks like a manor too. You'll want as many item slots as possible though, and they say they're working on increasing the limit...
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 2x 21000k crowns in the sale and due to being drunk and having made a lot of bad decisions in the past whilst drunk within the CS, I'm glad I woke up and realised I hadn't bought the Ebonheart Château the night before. 15k for something that isn't a boot in the balls away from some of the considerably cheaper houses (decorative slots wise) is insane. Just need to get through tonight too. :#
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 2x 21000k crowns in the sale and due to being drunk and having made a lot of bad decisions in the past whilst drunk within the CS, I'm glad I woke up and realised I hadn't bought the Ebonheart Château the night before. 15k for something that isn't a boot in the balls away from some of the considerably cheaper houses (decorative slots wise) is insane. Just need to get through tonight too. :#

I never thought much about it before... But a lock crowns feature could come in real handy. Something that if we opted in for we had to repeat our password or something similar to be able to use them.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest buying crown store exclusive houses with crowns. Gold is very easy to come by.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 23, 2017 5:25PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

I would go blind living in a house where all the terrain is blue. Coldharbor doesn't make your eyes sore if you stay in it for too long?

But as to Daedric housing and Daedric Furniture, I say Hell Yes.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

I would go blind living in a house where all the terrain is blue. Coldharbor doesn't make your eyes sore if you stay in it for too long?

But as to Daedric housing and Daedric Furniture, I say Hell Yes.

Daedric furnishings have been datamined so probably soon(tm)

To answer the question - if you're not in a hurry to get into housing, I'd say wait until we see how storage is implemented. If you're looking to dip your toes in the water before hand, there are nice apartments that allow 100 furnishings to let you get a feel of it.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    When is Linchal Grand Manor due to come back?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    When is Linchal Grand Manor due to come back?

No idea if it will - probably about a year if it does.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooo
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry :( Hopefully I'm wrong; I know a couple other people who wanted to get it but didn't have the crowns at the time.

• PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The limited time houses will most definitely come back. There is demand for them and ZOS generally bring stuff back.

Personally I'm waiting for Tumor Tower(Tel Galen) to return, as I love Telvanni fungi furniture.