The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best stam gear setup...

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
So can anyone explain what the best gear setup is?
I'm not talking specific sets.

What I'm talking about is if you are trying to run 2 5pc sets and a Monster set, with DW on one bar and a bow or 2H on the other.

To my thinking, it would be optimal to go with:

1st set 3 pc jewellery // 1H // one armour piece
2nd set 4 armour pc // 1H // 2H weapon

You'd get the set bonus only while on that bar.
Is this the best way to do it?

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you want at least one 5 piece active at all times, usually hundings or TFS. The the second set can drop off, usually vo or nmg.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In pve it's very reasonable to use a monster set, 2 5pc sets and a mealstrom bow. In general your dw weapons should be part of a set that either carries over to the bow bar or where it's not too bad to loose it for a moment. (e.g. sunderflame, warmachine, morag tong, ...).
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'd be better off with:

1st set 3 pc jewellery // two armour pieces
    2nd set 3 armour pc // 1H // 2H weapon

??

(Also for the record, I haven't managed to complete VMA - currently stuck on Voriak Solkyn - too much lag, L2P, reflexes aren't good enough. So that isn't an option until I can overcome those three... and the third is because I'm not young any more, so it may never happen.)

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people run one set on the 5 body pieces and then the other set on jewelry and dual weapons, you can get gold vo jewelry but not gold other jewelry as easy. But I suppose any combo would work, if you don't care about getting gold jewelry.

So people actually run 5/5/2/1 on Stam, you need a vMA bow to be relevant.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 18, 2017 7:56AM
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    5 Two fanged snake body pieces all medium divines, 3 vo jewelry with weapon damage enchants and 2 vo weapons dagger/dagger or dagger/axe and a Maelstrom Bow. For monster set 2x Kragh. I'm using heavy helmet with health enchantment to get the needed ~1000 health for my squishy nightblade. That should give you the needed sustain and dps.
    Edited by shack80 on December 18, 2017 11:16AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, even the guy who didn't read my original question xD

• shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

I just posted the one and only needed setup so you dont have to worry anymore ;) and to be more precise without knowing better your build it is impossible to say what is the best way togo.
    Edited by shack80 on December 19, 2017 12:17PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »

I just posted the one and only needed setup so you dont have to worry anymore ;) and to be more precise without knowing better your build it is impossible to say what is the best way togo.

Again, thanks, but my question was more what pieces of each set go where on the body or in the hand. :)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Again, thanks, but my question was more what pieces of each set go where on the body or in the hand. :)

in the end, it doesn't really matter, except when you have crafted gear, as you cant get jewelry for that.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 piece Vicious Ophidian (armor, divines, start a group for normal SO and start farming)

5 piece spriggans (daggers and jewelry)

Monster set: velidreth, Selenes, stormfist, valkyn skoria, take your pick.

Maelstrom bow (hardest one to get)
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭

in the end, it doesn't really matter, except when you have crafted gear, as you cant get jewelry for that.

Well to be more precise it does. If you are dd and you are using proc sets like 2 fanged you want to have it active 100% of time as if you are using monster set you cant have two proc sets active 100% of the time unless using sword and board or dual wield on both bars which is not for pve. Thats why for example VO is the way to go if you need to decide which of the proc sets isnt on 100%. VO is more about the sustain and as you usually kill mobs on the 1st bar and get the much needed stamina back so it isnt that necessary to be active on the 2nd bar and like said if u use crafted set you cant go for jewelry so you need to make decisions about you second set, do you want the craftet set to be on 100% of time or do you want the other set to be on 100% of time. Thats why it would be important to know your setup. This also affect about the heavy/medium/light setup. If you need to get more health use one heavy etc.
    Edited by shack80 on December 21, 2017 9:57AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can go 5+3+2+2/1 - a 5p set, 3p jewels, 2p monster set and 1 or 2 special weapons on each bar
    For example 5 Hunding's Rage 3 Agility 2 Velidreth 2 Master daggers / 1 Master bow
    Or 5+5+2/1 - 2 x 5p sets, special weapons on both bar
    For example 5 Strength of the Automaton 5 Vicious Ophidian & Master Greatsword / Malestrom bow
    Or 5+5+2 - 2 x 5p set and a monster set
    For example 5 Hunding's Rage 5 Vicious Ophidian 2 Krag'h

The latter is by far the most common in PvE.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well to be more precise it does. If you are dd and you are using proc sets like 2 fanged you want to have it active 100% of time as if you are using monster set you cant have two proc sets active 100% of the time unless using sword and board or dual wield on both bars which is not for pve. Thats why for example VO is the way to go if you need to decide which of the proc sets isnt on 100%. VO is more about the sustain and as you usually kill mobs on the 1st bar and get the much needed stamina back so it isnt that necessary to be active on the 2nd bar and like said if u use crafted set you cant go for jewelry so you need to make decisions about you second set, do you want the craftet set to be on 100% of time or do you want the other set to be on 100% of time. Thats why it would be important to know your setup. This also affect about the heavy/medium/light setup. If you need to get more health use one heavy etc.

You are rit
    ght I be dumb you be smart.