The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thinking of starting a new character. Would like some ideas or opinions.

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
Because of life, I haven't played in months after getting my 6 months subscription. Oh well that is life. Now with the Christmas break I have time to play. Thing is, I sort of lost my "feel" of my character and was thinking of starting a new character. My character I have now is an Altmer Mage. I also have an Argonian Mage. I tried a Nightblade, can't remember if it was Altmer or not and remembered I had some fun with him.

Since I deleted that character I am thinking of starting a new Nightblade character. I don't know if I should do Argonian or Altmer since I like those races. I am wondering if there would be a better suited race for Nightblade and why.

I just play for fun, so I am not hung up on stats or what not. I don't do PvP at all just PvE. So before I decide to spend lots of time on this new build, I want to make sure what I choose is not a bad build and "down the road" will not be fun.

Also should I consider another race and or class? If so how come? Would like to know before I start to play again.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you like. Magicka sorcerer and magicka templar are very easy to level up. Magicka templar is also very easy to play in dungeons as a healer.

The only reasons to play Argonians are:
    • You like being a lizard.
    • You want to take advantage of the racial passives, including the one that requires you to chug potions in order to benefit.

Nightblades are probably the hardest class to play in PvE. Exception: Bosmer or Khajiit nightblades are awesome thieves. I made a Bosmer nightblade for thieving; I love him in that role; but he's annoying when he tries to do anything except stealth around.

If you'd like to play a sword-swinging stamina character for fun, I strongly suggest warden. You get useful heals immediately, which is great. You also get a good class-skill ranged attack, so you don't need to use a bow.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When playing my mage @FrancisCrawford I didn't really like the sword swinging I thought I would like. So I stuck to magicka powers. When playing my old nightblade I found dual wielding so much fun that when I started a new mage character after a long break, I used him as magika powers and dual wielding. Found that fun.

I thought maybe using a nightblade and using the skill tree of dual wield would benefit me more than the mage since I was relying on magic powers instead.

Just curious, how do you play as a thief. I didn't know we could steal in ESO.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    When playing my mage @FrancisCrawford I didn't really like the sword swinging I thought I would like. So I stuck to magicka powers. When playing my old nightblade I found dual wielding so much fun that when I started a new mage character after a long break, I used him as magika powers and dual wielding. Found that fun.

I thought maybe using a nightblade and using the skill tree of dual wield would benefit me more than the mage since I was relying on magic powers instead.

Just curious, how do you play as a thief. I didn't know we could steal in ESO.

Stealing is a huge part of Elder Scrolls games. At least, it was in Morrowind (the one I played long ago).

For the real basics, look for information on:
    • The "Justice System"
    • The Thieves Guild DLC and quests.
    • The Legerdemain and Thieves Guild passive skill lines.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/the-collector/ explains more, in particular what the advantages of playing a thief might be for general PvE content.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on December 23, 2017 7:45PM