The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

crafting motifs

Herelacfreahelm
Herelacfreahelm
✭✭✭
I would just like to know that after purchasing from the crown store for example the crown crafting motifs covenant races pack, where do I find this listed on the character that purchased this and where do I go to craft these which should also tell if I have all of the required materials? I would like to craft alliance and exotic styles with these when purchased for all of my characters?
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it will show up in your supplies tab I believe, I'm on XB and unsure if XB and PC share a similar UI. You'll go to any crafting station and where you'd choose the style material, you'll find it either highlighted in red or not.

The motif will only be useable by the character who reads the motif. I believe that it will also be bound to the character you were logged in with when you bought it, though I am not sure.

So if you have a crafting toon, I'd suggest buying it and opening it with that toon so you avoid an accidental learning with another character.

Here is a good resource:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting_Motifs_(collection)

You won't be able to craft with all of your characters, only the character that learned the motif (i.e. your crafter).

Also be aware that some motifs are only learnable after having certain rank in your clothing/woodworking/blacksmithing line. For instance, Daedric armor can only be learned once you reach level 9 in either Tailoring (clothing), Metalworking(blacksmithing), or Woodworking.

So your covenant races pack may only be learnable after you reach level 8 in any one of the above 3 for instance.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you will get them in your inventory. They’ll either pop up as gold motif books or a container with the books in them.

You can learn the books on a SINGLE character. Learn them on your primary crafter.

At any craft table you can scroll over to that style. Once learned, it will no longer say “learn to unlock.” If you need the style materials (eagle feather for Aldmeri, for example) it will be red and show you don’t have any. Otherwise, a number of how many you have will be under the style mat.

If you got mimic stones you want to use, you toggle them on at the station. For example, on PS4 if I had no eagle feathers I’d hit X to toggle the mimic stones on to use them.

I read you post a bit different. Only the crafter who learns the motif can make the items, but any character on your account can wear the alliance items you make. If you make a Covenant chest, any of your characters can wear it...whatever alliance they’re in.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the character that uses the motifs learns the style.

Any character can wear any style.

Plain armor and weapons can be made at any crafting station, like the ones in Davon's Watch, or Vukhel Guard, or Daggerfall.

Named set armor and weapons can only be made at the special "set" crafting stations. Night Mother's Gaze, Hunding's Rage, Morkuldin's, Twice-born Star, Julianos, whatever need to be made at the special stations you can find. Although not needed with One Tamriel, each faction zone has the special stations. I have no idea where the Hunding's Rage stations are for AD or DC, but I can go to the EP station in my sleep at this point. Honrich's Tower wayshrine, then head for the trolls....The only restriction for making the named set gear is that you have researched enough traits to craft it. No set requires specific traits be learned, just the specific number. You can make a set of Ashen Grip gear when you know 2 traits on each piece, but you can't craft Morkuldin's until you've learned all 9 traits for each piece you want to make.

Basic style stones can be bought from the smith/woodworker/clothier; the more rare style mats have to be found, earned, or bought from guild traders.
    Edited by JKorr on December 22, 2017 3:27PM