The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clockwork City Fate Question (Semi Spoiler)

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a question about the Clockwork City and it involves a spoiler about the original Morrowind.

I know it is an old game but I did not want to spoil anything about it for those who have not played it yet but wanted to.
I believe in the single player game or Morrowind, the "Living Gods" get eliminated. So what happens to the Clockwork City? What happened to the people living there? Is there any definitive lore?

Thanks!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that the new Legends addition is going to touch on that. Haven't played it myself though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you visit the Clockwork City in TES3:Morrowind, rogue fabricants are all you'll encounter. There's no one living there, at least in the parts you visit.
    Now, that doesn't preclude living beings there, in general - you'll only get to see a mid-sized dungeon, not a recognisable city.
    Nonetheless, it makes sense that the CWC has been decaying for some time at that point, and Sotha Sil being killed is the end of it.
    AFAIK, there's no definitive lore after the events of TES3:Tribunal, although I haven't read the novels.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the TESL clockwork city expansion the player travels to CWC after the death of sotha sil (~ the time of Skyrim).
    There they meet plenty of functional (but not very friendly) fabricants and factotums, as well as a reclusive enclave of Sotha Sil's (apparently last) followers.
    At the end of the expansion the player then has a choice (without any weight to ingame mechanics) that leads to the city either dying or continuing on, with Sotha Sil's faithful either leaving or staying respectively.

Now you can debate how much the TESL stories are canon or not, especially since they are told through a third person narrator, but they certainly attempt to be, and are developped under the guidlines of Bethesda, so I would argue they are.

Also CODA is canon o:)
    Edited by Ahzek on December 21, 2017 12:50PM
    Jo'Khaljor
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    AFAIK, there's no definitive lore after the events of TES3:Tribunal, although I haven't read the novels.

I can vouch that there is no meaningful reference to the Clockwork City in the Keyes books.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.