The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS, what Is This? WTF is this?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/NoQG6gaYO1I

What am I supposed to do at this point? I decided to call myself hopping on to ESO for a bit to see what was up being as the new event has kicked off for the holidays, and figured I’d PvP for a bit... Only for the above to occur. . .

What am I supposed to do at this point? Am I supposed to just stop playing for good? Am I supposed to stop making complaints, as some random trolls here on the forums always reply with off-topic and incredibly rude and highly inflammatory remarks toward me? Am I supposed to just write-off ESO and the community as a whole, and essentially let all of the hundreds of dollars I spent on this game go waste? All because I choose not to no longer indulge in a game that has p!ss-poor coding, and an extremely toxic and elitist community both in-game and on the forums?

What am I supposed to do at this point? Seriously. I can’t win. I just can’t win with this game. I play and try to ignore the negativity, and then I encounter crap like what was shown in the video above and it triggers me. Where is the middle grounds, and where is the point where satisfaction can be met? When can I play this game, without ever feeling like I need to take yet another break? When can I play this game, and actually experience class balance? When can I play this game, and not have to deal with egotistical imbeciles both in-game and on the forums?

If you all at ZOS put as much time into making a great game as you do in policing the forums (which even then exhibits favoritism and bias), you’d not have so many of your player base making negative feedback threads and quitting your game. Then turning around and dissing this game when in dialogues amongst their peers. But n’ah. You don’t hear me though. I’m just ole’ Champ making another complaint and quit thread, yeah? Because who cares, you’re balling out from scam crates and from getting praise and clout from the handful of guilds you all personally are at in tight with and setup for victory on the PvE scene. Amirite?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had that happen to me in a dungeon once.

Was quite trippy going through the walls and floors...
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Attire of the Red Bull

2pc Armor is infused with sugar
    3pc Gives you wings
    4pc Procs Moon-Walking
    5pc Allows passage through solid objects

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do at this point?
    Have you tried restarting your router and disabling your addons?
    :esosupportface:
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean it all worked out in the end, didn't it?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say you were lucky actually.

Back a month or so ago when this started happening, I regularly got stuck in the landscape or just dropped dead after a few seconds of floating around.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They broke Champ. :neutral:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was one doozy of a lag spike
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts for baiting, flaming, and not being constructive in any way, we must remind everyone to keep your posts civil and constructive. Now that that is out of the way, from reviewing the video, I can say this this has happened to me before. It would appear you are encountering some kind of lag. Even the slightest hiccup in a connection can cause this. We do have some support articles I can share if anyone would like, but before doing so, I feel this may be faster resolved by contacting support.

Your friendly neighborhood Argonian,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 21, 2017 9:26PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Omg LOL this is hilarious :D I was totally expecting you to get stuck in a wall though haha.

It seems like you're getting more frustrated over it than it's worth tbh. Chill and laugh at it. If you can't, then take a nice long break and come back when you come to terms with it and can laugh at it again ;)
    Oh and btw cc immunity is also still broken, to the best of my knowledge. Not currently playing but afaik...
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a really cool perk ... I hope it comes to PS4 soon

We just get gap closer pulling us under the map then death
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Seems like a really cool perk ... I hope it comes to PS4 soon

We just get gap closer pulling us under the map then death

Ummm... that is on PS4.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see those special magic classes all Pact Mages were ordered to take are paying off. Beautiful display of the Displaced Space Time Object spell.

Disappointingly they still failed to safeguard that flag.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts for baiting, flaming, and not being constructive in any way, we must remind everyone to keep your posts civil and constructive. Now that that is out of the way, from reviewing the video, I can say this this has happened to me before. It would appear you are encountering some kind of lag. Even the slightest hiccup in a connection can cause this. We do have some support articles I can share if anyone would like, but before doing so, I feel this may be faster resolved by contacting support.

-Greg-

@ZOS_GregoryV Thanks for cleaning up this thread, and for giving me your insight on what had occurred; how-to go about dealing with these particular hiccups in the future. Much appreciated. I suppose you Argonians aren’t half-bad after all. As a fellow Altmer, I feel as though we can get along quite well indeed. :)
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your in cyr and not in a load screen. I would say your ahead. Also, at least you glitched sideways and not up. Last time I glitched up it ended in a splat.

I feel your frustration man.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on December 21, 2017 10:20PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    Your in cyr and not in a load screen. I would say your ahead. Also, at least you glitched sideways and not up. Last time I glitched up it ended in a splat.

I feel your frustration man.

I had something like that happen to me about a year ago. The difference being that I gap-closed into a loading screen, and somehow ended-up in some alternate reality getting merked on. Lol. When the loading screen returned to “clean things up”, I was shown my character having been aired out.

Here’s the clip:
    https://youtu.be/oz0ymODBlD8
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it gets sorted for you . Have a merry Christmas Champ !
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it gets sorted for you . Have a merry Christmas Champ !

@Rohamad_Ali Thank you. Have a Merry Christmas as well. :)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

It looks more like this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377056/uppercut-glitch/p1

Notice how the OP was knocked back just as the problem occurred. This looks the same as the Uppercut glitch about 2 months ago.
    Edited by danno8 on December 21, 2017 10:55PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

It looks more like this

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377056/uppercut-glitch/p1

Notice how the OP was knocked back just as the problem occurred. This looks the same as the Uppercut glitch about 2 months ago.

Now that you mention it, the knockback does seem like the trigger point of the bug. Followed by a second knockback to bring my character forward. I wonder now if my character would’ve slid all the out of the map, if that NPC hadn’t shield-bashed me. Because I was unable to move my character at all, outside of executing certain skills. I was essentially held in place by something, and just sliding along.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first video made me feel sympathy for you... been there. The second one made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes.

The plummeting!
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ch4mpTW i feel your pain bro, I have a lag issue with Animations ALLL THE TIME. (my ping is 50-200)
    Biggest one for me is Jabs lags for about 2 seconds and then instant Fires doing all the damage at once (happens everywhere and anywhere) . or i will have it where i go to light attack and the system reads it as a heavy attack. AND THEN you have this little turd of a bug when taking Flags where the Mobs wanna shield bash you like you are in Smash bros.... :lol:

So yeah Ch4mp i feel you bro *pat pat*
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got that bug too. NPC shield bash is OP http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Toast STS/video/41116311
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can't be lag if it doesn't happen in other mmos can it be?

I've never seen lag do that

Just wondering
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thats some major desync
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, Damn! I missed the show!? Haha... But seriously this has been happening to me a lot lately. Also seems like a good opportunity to point out that the Fear reaction that causes mobs to run away can sometimes cause intangibility in some dungeons. Sometimes you get caught inside walls and have to warp back to start. Also I've been getting this loading screen that sometimes let's you fall through the map in the SAME place every time In Deshaan right next to the Woodworking Station. That's all, Oh, also the unbelievable lag and Disconnections.

Today's word is Intangible
    unable to be touched or grasped; not having physical presence. :|
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    It looks like a bug or same crazy weird game lag to me... but to be honest... I have no clue what that was... :o
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 22, 2017 1:15AM
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good idea!

Instead of being bitten by my lack of response time I will do the festivity quests. Thanks man!
    an anonymous EP nightblade and Templar...
    also; a warden and nightblade of the aldmeri flavour.

"there's a dragon with matches, that's loose on the town..."
    "it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
    If you've been fallen by my steel or blade - sorry there's no tomorrow for yeh!
    Kidding;) don't take it so bad, I've been doing this a long time
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

Funny, there are all sorts of other games where lag does not cause that to happen. Also I last time I contacted support I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks with cerebral contusions and I still dont remember how I got there.
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I contacted I remember some chicka saying "I wouldn't worry about it." That's the last thing I remember.
    an anonymous EP nightblade and Templar...
    also; a warden and nightblade of the aldmeri flavour.

"there's a dragon with matches, that's loose on the town..."
    "it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
    If you've been fallen by my steel or blade - sorry there's no tomorrow for yeh!
    Kidding;) don't take it so bad, I've been doing this a long time
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol... this is the kind of crap I have to deal with when I have EXTREME lag. Which is too often.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER