The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Got my ass whipped on Banished Cells 2 wtf demand crowns as compensation

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
So did this guy at the end always constantly through people into the air with the fire? Not to be mistaken for the bubble. I didn't get a lot of time to try this out I will later but it seemed unavoidable and annoying af. Just wondering if this was a recent change. I've done this dungeon countless times both normal and vet and never had been thrown into the air (without immunity) continuously.
Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on November 20, 2017 12:10AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was my experience today as well, but this was the first time through in vet for me.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    That was my experience today as well, but this was the first time through in vet for me.
    Yeah i was just kidding; it was my first time also, yeah that's it.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The daedroth the boss summons, that hard mode requires you to keep 3 alive during, have a fireball attack that hits everyone in front of them and does a strong knockback. If one snuck away from your tank that can happen, and if all of them fire at the group at once you can get chain-knock backed.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do the stun knockback on all modes now. I haven't see that until today. I haven't ran Banished Cells in a long time either though.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on November 20, 2017 4:49AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all modes, but you can kill the daedroths of you are not doing vet HM. The fireball knockback is fairly new (added a few months ago), but is manageable of you know what to look for. When a daedroth pulls it's head back then lunges forward, everyone in front of it should dodge roll. I believe it's also blockable, reflectable, and can be countered with CC immunity (immovable).
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That explains my experience a lot. Group strategy was "Hey tank, you go play with the daedroth while we focus on Rilis" and I was the tank, so most of the time I had 2-3 daedroth on me and I spent a lot of my attention trying to make sure I was getting/holding aggro on all of them.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just caught me off guard because I didn't know what it was knocking me back. Its a good change, it was way too easy before. Before, I could eat ribs while fighting him on vet.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on November 21, 2017 4:00AM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get compensation for that I would demand much more for such things in maw.The Daedroth knockback isn't that bad
    \
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    Take all Daedroths. Let your group focus on Rilis.

My maximum amount of Daedroths was 9. Its a good practice for vAA HM tanking the axes :trollface:
    Edited by yukikenzo on November 23, 2017 1:37AM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yukikenzo wrote: »
    Take all Daedroths. Let your group focus on Rilis.

My maximum amount of Daedroths was 9. Its a good practice for vAA HM tanking the axes :trollface:

Oh vaa hm axe is easier, you don’t even need to taunt them later on, you just need to tell your healer to NOT heal you.

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why groups don't just get the main boss to 20% health while killing the daedroths, let three spawn, and then finish main boss. Way easier for any average group.
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    If you are tank hold the daedroth right where they spawn at the top of those little stairs. The boss won’t come up there and it’s by far the easiest method to do hard mode.
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM