The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

replace jewelry enchantment

boombazookajd
boombazookajd
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you replace the enchantment of set jewelry? Ex: I have a necklace from (x) set that has a maximum stamina enchantment, can i replace the enchantment with a weapon damage enchantment? So that I can keep the 3/5 pieces bonus...
Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can switch the enchant YES

But you can't switch the trait - Robust / Arcane etc and I think yous re referring to Trait
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't confuse enchantments for traits. A jewelry piece will either grant health, magicka, or stamina as it's trait. This is not changeable. The enchant, like magicka recovery could be replaced for a spell damage glyph, though. You also have no control over the actual set bonuses themselves.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

But you can't switch the trait - Robust / Arcane etc and I think yous re referring to Trait

No, I'm referring to enchantment.
    Edited by boombazookajd on December 18, 2017 11:41PM
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you replace the enchantment of set jewelry? Ex: I have a necklace from (x) set that has a maximum stamina enchantment, can i replace the enchantment with a weapon damage enchantment? So that I can keep the 3/5 pieces bonus...

Jewelry has two parts to it: the trait and the enchantment.

There are three traits and they cannot be changed: Healthy (max health), Robust (max stamina), and Arcane (max magicka). Most sets have a certain trait according to the weight of armor but a few sets and unique items can have different traits.

Enchantments require a certain combination of runestones to form a jewelry glyph. You can see the entire list here: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyphs You CAN change the enchantment provided you have the glyph for the enchantment. Changing the enchantment will not effect the set bonuses gained from wearing 2-5 pieces of the same gear set.

Technically there's a third part to set jewelry: the set bonuses. These bonuses are added to your character when you wear 2-5 pieces of the same gear set. You cannot change those set bonuses, you'd have to switch to a different gear set that has bonuses you like better.

Now, the reason why everyone thinks you have traits and enchantments mixed up is because you talked about replacing a max stamina enchantment with a weapon damage enchantment on a jewelry piece. There is no max stamina enchantment on jewelry, just stamina recovery or reduce stamina costs. There is a max stamina trait, Robust, which cannot be changed. So you can definitely change whatever enchantment (not max stamina) is on that jewelry with a weapon damage enchantment, but you can't change the trait.

Hope that answers your question and explains why most of us were confused about whether or not you were confused.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    You also have no control over the actual set bonuses themselves.
    agree.gif

Just to reiterate, changing the enchantment on a piece of Jewelry has no effect on the set bonuses ...
    shades.gif
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm clearly not explaining myself well.

I want my 3 pieces of jewelry, lets say from Spriggan's, to have weapon damage glyphs on them, in addition to their TRAIT. 3 of Spriggans yields the 2192 or whatever it is max stamina boost, that is in addition to a robust trait.

I simply wanted to know if I got a Spriggan's ring that had (x) ENCHANTMENT on it, I could replace it with a WEAPON DAMAGE enchantment, thereby having 3 pieces of jewelry with weapon damage enchantments on them, robust traits, and the 3/5 set bonus.

I fully comprehend the difference between an enchantment, a set bonus, and a trait.

The question has been answered.

Thank you. This thread can now die as it has served its purpose.
    Beardimus wrote: »

@Beardimus, thank you for answering my question.

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭

There are three traits and they cannot be changed: Healthy (max health), Robust (max stamina), and Arcane (max magicka). Most sets have a certain trait according to the weight of armor but a few sets and unique items can have different traits.

Enchantments require a certain combination of runestones to form a jewelry glyph. You can see the entire list here: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Glyphs You CAN change the enchantment provided you have the glyph for the enchantment. Changing the enchantment will not effect the set bonuses gained from wearing 2-5 pieces of the same gear set.

Technically there's a third part to set jewelry: the set bonuses. These bonuses are added to your character when you wear 2-5 pieces of the same gear set. You cannot change those set bonuses, you'd have to switch to a different gear set that has bonuses you like better.

Now, the reason why everyone thinks you have traits and enchantments mixed up is because you talked about replacing a max stamina enchantment with a weapon damage enchantment on a jewelry piece. There is no max stamina enchantment on jewelry, just stamina recovery or reduce stamina costs. There is a max stamina trait, Robust, which cannot be changed. So you can definitely change whatever enchantment (not max stamina) is on that jewelry with a weapon damage enchantment, but you can't change the trait.

Hope that answers your question and explains why most of us were confused about whether or not you were confused.

As always Varanis, your explanations cover the bases. I misspoke when I said max stamina, i meant the enchantment that comes on the jewelry, whatever it may be (stam, health, magicka).

To spell this out:

I want 3 pieces of Spriggan's jewelry, replace whatever enchantment comes on them with a weapon damage enchantment, and IDEALLY, find jewelry with the ROBUST trait.

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As always Varanis, your explanations cover the bases. I misspoke when I said max stamina, i meant the enchantment that comes on the jewelry, whatever it may be (stam, health, magicka).

To spell this out:

I want 3 pieces of Spriggan's jewelry, replace whatever enchantment comes on them with a weapon damage enchantment, and IDEALLY, find jewelry with the ROBUST trait.

Yes, you can do that. I just did that on my stam warden, actually.
    Edited to add: The Spriggan's Necklace was just in the Golden Vendor in legendary quality with the robust trait, so you should be able to find the necklace in gold at least. I think the base enchantment was stam recovery, but its easy to change out the enchantment to weapon damage.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 19, 2017 2:48AM
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    For everyday messes there's Mastercard. But when you need a Glyph now, Kuta is there for you.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tieberion wrote: »
    For everyday messes there's Mastercard. But when you need a Glyph now, Kuta is there for you.

Thanks for posting in a recent (not 2015) thread this time ... B)