Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Guild store 'House cut'

Desperado558_ESO
Desperado558_ESO
✭✭✭
I've got a question regarding the 'house cut' that shows up in guild stores.

Does anyone know how the guild store 'house cut' works?

Can that be adjusted by the guild, and if so what are the minimum and maximum amounts?

Where does the money go and who has access to it?
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    It's a set rate. And it's a gold sink so the money just goes away to keep the game economy balanced.
  • Desperado558_ESO
    Desperado558_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's a set rate. And it's a gold sink so the money just goes away to keep the game economy balanced.

I know there is a 15% posting fee, but there is ALSO a 'house cut' which I have heard is adjustable by certain people in the guild.

Currently in a guild I am part of, there is the 15% posting fee and a 10% 'house cut' totaling 25% of my sales in fees. Which personally I find outrageous.

The reason I am asking is because if this is something that is adjustable, I would be inclined to start a trading guild myself and advertise it as having no house cut or something.

If the house cut is also a set rate, then I must have heard wrong, but still, 25% is a huge cut of each sale to take.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "house cut" is lost in space. The guild actually never gets any money (nor is there a way for a guild to have money in the first place) ...
    :(
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get the posting fee back if it sells, and the house cut is the vanishing money tax to remove it from the world.
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    It's there so you have a reason to trade in person. You get a lose in cash because of the ease of just posting it or you can do the work yourself and find someone to sell it to for full price.
    The King is Here!
  • joetrouble
    the "house cut" will also stop people from over inflating for simple items because they risk losing it
  • sunnyravencourt
    I'm also very curious about this. Best I can understand, the whole 25% pretty much vanishes as a moneysink. Anyone else seen any of this ACTUALLY go to the guild?
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also very curious about this. Best I can understand, the whole 25% pretty much vanishes as a moneysink. Anyone else seen any of this ACTUALLY go to the guild?

You get the listing fee back after the sale is complete. The house cut disappears from what I understand.
  • pdmckeehanb14_ESO
    If you can eventually set a "TAX" rate "Guild Store" cut that goes back to the guild, that would be amazing. Hopefully something like that is in the works. We should be able to put money into our guild bank. It is a bank after all...
  • Jariath
    Jariath
    I am not sure you get the posting fee back. Looking at a listing for a stack of 100, it defaults to 1200G, then shows the listing fee 180G and the house cut of 120G. Profit of 900G is listed at the bottom, therefore indicating that a sale of 1200G only earns the player 900G. That is a lot of gold out the economy.
  • Three_J
    Three_J
    I agree with Jariath.

You post something for 20g, you pay 3g immediately when you post it. Then, IF the item sells, they take another 2g cut and you get 18g. In total, you pay 25% of your sale price in fees.

If you got the listing fee back, you would need to be paid 21g when the item sold (more than what you were asking for the item!). That would make up for the 3g you paid to list it, and you would still only make 18g profit.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's 25%, like they said. It just looks like 10% because of what you get back in the mail because it's easy to forget you already lost another 15% just to put it up.
  • Tiberius_Ceasar
    "The "house cut" is lost in space. The guild actually never gets any money (nor is there a way for a guild to have money in the first place)"

Uh hello?
    The guild Master should be getting the "house cut."
    I'd like to see this incorporated into one of the next updates please.
    It's ridiculous to expect people to run them for free. What its ILLEGAL that someone running a guild store should get a cut of the sales?

C'mon .. lol you're cracking me up!

Update the guild store so the cut goes to the guild Master, its reasonable and logical.
  • Vauleen
    Vauleen
    +1
    Driders Officer
    DridersDen.com
  • shazam0527
    Hell, i'd use the guild cut as a game play reward for my guildies
  • ENAK
    ENAK
    ✭✭
    ...or... drop the dumb ass guild store, and implement a proper auction house, like every other decent MMO.
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    ENAK wrote: »
    ...or... drop the dumb ass guild store, and implement a proper auction house, like every other decent MMO.

I could tell you about the time myself and ~40 other users pooled gold and used a macro to buy every legendary "String of Ears" in Diablo 3 and marked them all up 5 million gold and it stayed that way for months but hey, keep your global auction houses. They're fun.

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question?????
    Where did this 10% come from?
    There is a % listing fee, which is a gold sink.
    There is a 7% tax on a item that sells.
    3.5% goes back to guild, the other 3.5% is gold sink.
    So where is this 10% number coming from????
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)