Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Treasure Room

OOFatality
I'm a fan of the thief play style. I've been stealing since GrayFox gave the heist mission to steal an elder scroll and since Khajits' had the race ability to see in the dark.
I've collected some interesting, and some rare, Contraband Items (Treasure) in ESO: But all they do is collect dust in my personal bank and use up valuable bank space.
As a thief, all i want is a boss treasure room in my house: Chest overflowing everywhere with gold, a stockpile of moon sugar and skooma, and my treasures showcased.

With that said, what i would like to see for housing is a way to showcase laundered treasure items.
I know making each item its own 3D rendered place-able objects might be too much. But if we could even place or assign them to a glass showcase shelf like the ones some merchants and guilds have, that would be fine. That's just my idea. And i know its probably much harder than it sounds. But if somehow it was possible, You'd make this one happy.

To the Devs, appreciate the work so far.
And to my other thief loving people: What would your ideal treasure room look like? Drop a reply, maybe one day we'll get lucky if the right eyes see this post.

Shadow hide you.
Edited by OOFatality on December 19, 2017 10:10AM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purple 1,5k drops would be awesome to place. Could reuse existing models and just add a mouseover tooltip.
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, yes. I think a new NPC type would be just what we need - like those mages who turn books into furnishing objects. Many treasures are too awesome to be just a picture in the bank. Especially purple ones.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOFatality wrote: »
    As a thief, all i want is a boss treasure room in my house: Chest overflowing everywhere with gold, a stockpile of moon sugar and skooma, and my treasures showcased.
    So, something like this:
    jekiaTJ.png

Or this:
    1IWFJKk.png

Or perhaps this?
    7gIBPlk.png

Edited by OmniDo on December 21, 2017 2:42AM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love more nicknacks in the way of stolen loot that can be placed in homes. It would also be really cool to allow certain items to be looted by visitors - sort of an interactive type deal.

As for my ideal treasure room, I made mine:
    ctESJYC.png
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    OOFatality wrote: »
    So, something like this:
    jekiaTJ.png

Or this:
    1IWFJKk.png

Or perhaps this?
    7gIBPlk.png

How many slots did you use for gold it’s soooooo shiny!
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many slots did you use for gold it’s soooooo shiny!
    Too many... :wink:
    Around 100'ish for the first two examples, and about 50'ish for the last one.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    ctESJYC.png
    Jaeysa, love the knick-knacks.
    I just cant get behind the "Mountain of loot" though.
    It looks so tarnished and dirty, like everything was made out of silver or copper. :frowning:

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    ctESJYC.png
    Jaeysa, love the knick-knacks.
    I just cant get behind the "Mountain of loot" though.
    It looks so tarnished and dirty, like everything was made out of silver or copper. :frowning:

See the problem I have with the fake pile of coins is they just look so fake :( It's a little brighter, but it's also a lot flatter.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those treasure rooms look awesome, great job!

How did you get those coin piles to look so shiny and golden? The pile of gold I have looks all dull brown regardless of what kind of lighting I use around it.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NetViperX wrote: »
    How did you get those coin piles to look so shiny and golden? The pile of gold I have looks all dull brown regardless of what kind of lighting I use around it.
    The pile of coins are more of a neutral light-gold color, so you have to cheat and use yellow furnishing light sources hidden inside nearby objects.
    This creates an ambient "golden/yellow" light, which of course reflects off the gold piles. :smile:

Edited by OmniDo on December 22, 2017 6:18AM