Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

CP 120: Where to Next?

Tieberion
Tieberion
✭✭✭
Have had a blast playing and leveling in the game, but after finishing the starter islands and all of Glenumbra, me and my buddy who are leveling together decided we wanted points to build as we go.
So here we are stuck, slowly progressing at CP 120, with every skyshard in the game except a few from Cyrodil (sp) the PVP zone.
Will going back to the other areas and doing quests there give us on levelish XP, like a Coldharbor storyline just gave me 75k.
Or is their a better approach?
Thank you all!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You primary goal should be to reach cp160, getting there is nice because its gear cap so any gear can be used later.
    Things who give lots of xp is dolmens at least the first time, public dungeons and the daily random group dungeon, select the normal one even if you can do veteran as they are harder and you don't need the gear until cp160.
    Public dungeons is very nice to do with an friend.

Skill points is main quest, faction quests and skyshards.

Do the current event quest, its also pretty fast xp and it unlock travel locations.
    You get 400K xp enlightenment every day it should be no issue reaching cp160 in some days.
    I would not focus on general quests during the event as they don't give very much xp.
    Overall i find quest to work best alone doing harder stuff in group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, does the game have a dungeon finder that puts you in a group regardless of your current level?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tieberion wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, does the game have a dungeon finder that puts you in a group regardless of your current level?

Yes, the dungeon finder will look for a group regardless of CP.

So, be prepared for all types of players in that sort of group formation: From brand new CP-minted players all the way up to veteran players who know what they’re doing. To veteran players learning new roles and back down to new players who haven’t a clue of their role.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to be also asking about xp rewards. Under One Tamriel, everything was flattened, so the xp rewards for quests are similar in all zones. You can backtrack without much penalty.

The system has a color coding for quest difficulty (which is hidden from players, so you just have to guess). At vet, the average quest seems to be worth about 8,000 xp. Then some dailies...like world boss dailies or undaunted...are worth 18,000. The large 75k reward you saw was under enlightenment, during which your xp gains from all sources is 4x. You turned in an 18k quest while enlightened, so you got 4x that amount.

If you want to maximize xp to grind CPs, if you’re questing you can look for area clears. (Turning map icons from black to white). The area clear itself is worth an 8,000 xp tick, so if you turn in a quest that clears the area you get the quest xp plus the bonus. Dolmens and delves also reward this the first time you complete them.

However, questing can be slow. If you enjoy the stories, go for it. But if not, you can earn xp a little faster by doing the various dailies - undaunted (you and your friend can duo most normal 4-player dungeons), world bosses in the various dlc zones, guild dailies, delve dailies. Most of them reward the large xp ticks.
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Davey!