The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Visit random houses

srfrogg23
srfrogg23
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I haven’t seen it so far, so I’m going to ask for it:

I think it would be a huge boost to housing to be able to have a randomized list of player houses we could visit from our housing plot. Something simple. Just a list that shows the name of the house and the player that owns it. That way, housing can be a more interactive part of the game. It would even be nice to be able send friend requests directly from a menu for the house of the player we’re visiting.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could make it so you could "opt" your house in from the menu, too. Home owners wouldn't have to worry about unwanted guests appearing, and house-jumpers wouldn't have to worry much about ending up at empty locations.

If they added personal vendor NPC we could hire, we could even make shops out of our homes and advertise.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boyfriend wants this too, mostly for ideas on how others have decorated their house.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • CaffeinatedMayhem
      CaffeinatedMayhem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I would like to be able to walk up to Earthtear Cavern and pick which one I go to: Guild A's crafting hall, Husband's home, or the Preview.
    • AuraNebula
      AuraNebula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't like this idea. I have too many lights in my house...I don't want to be turning them on constantly.
    • CaffeinatedMayhem
      CaffeinatedMayhem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I don't like this idea. I have too many lights in my house...I don't want to be turning them on constantly.

Then set default visitor permissions to none. I would assume that ZOS would still allow you to refuse visitors.
    • Orticia
      Orticia
      ✭✭✭✭
      I would love the visit random house function.

Would love it even more when you can only turn on/off lights if you have decoration permissions when/if this goes live.

And would love a dropdown menu for friend/guildy visitors to visit other house from player, showing all that are opened up to choose from, and keep visit primary residence as it is. So all alternative houses get more value. Heck, make it so that all but the primary residence ports the player nack to where they were on exit as not to be able to use the houses as free ports.
    • cbdfarm
      cbdfarm
      ✭✭✭
      But what if someone tries stealing my sweet rolls...lol

But in all honesty i would like this. Good to show off your house, use it as a store(if they change as few features) show off your guild hall and why to join your guild,etc... Just dont touch my sweet rolls.

10729200_1595965153960110_981484104_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=ODk1MDA5ODkwODkyNDY2MTA1.2
    • NolaArch
      NolaArch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think something like that would be fun. In the meantime, I just visit the guild roster and randomly choose people to see if they have a primary residence set. If they do, and permissions are available, I go and check it out. I love seeing all the creativity that goes into housing.
      Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
      36k anchovy club
      Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
      I have some achievements
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      yeah I think they should just add the option to visit anyone's house on your server/platform if you have their name/@ and their visitor preference is set to "open" or something like that.
      Something similar was possible in Runescape when I played, to the extent that players would advertise and host open house parties and randoms could come in and play games, duel, chat and meet new people, etc.
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    • kargen27
      kargen27
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was thinking there should be a drop down menu when you start to enter a house. If it is a house you do not own you would get the choice of entering the unfinished version or a random home owned by another player. If you own the house the options would be enter your own or a random home. Players would have to opt in to be included on the list.

Would also be nice if instead of seeing visit primary residence when we right click on a friend or guild mates name we would see a residences option and when we click on that all the homes they have available to visit would be listed.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."