The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Got Maelstrom "Time Trial" Achievement. But How?

bhagwad
bhagwad
✭✭✭✭
This morning, I took my newly minted "Dolmen Leveled" Sorcerer into vMA for the first time. Some of you might remember me begging for help on the forums for completing vMA with my magplar, and my joy when I did it for the first time.

Long story short, I managed to finish it in one sitting. 1 hour 39 minutes or something with a "score" of ~399k. Never got a "score" before on my magplar, probably because I've never done it all in one go (it usually takes me days for a single run).

Interestingly, I got a "Time Trial" achievement which said that I'd done a trial in under 33 minutes. First, I didn't know Malestrom was a trial. Second, I did not do it in under 33 minutes. Yes, I'm reveling in the power of my new sorcerer vis a vis my magplar, but I can't to Maelstrom in under 33 minutes!

So what gives? Is there an exception for Maelstrom that gives you the achievement no matter how long you take? I DC'd once in the ice stage round 5. Could that have reset my timer?

Also, do I get some sweet reward? :tongue:
Edited by bhagwad on December 18, 2017 7:07PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten this achievement on a >1hour run before as well (about a month ago, for what that's worth). I've also gotten the "Complete a Weekly Trial Within 33 minutes" achievement for a vAA run that lasted 33:01 -- particularly proud of that one.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those time trial achievements have been bugged for a long time now and don't really deserve the name achievement.
  • Cubagaming
    Cubagaming
    ✭✭
    It's been bugged for a while. Maelstrom is a solo trial.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been bugged for about 2 years now
  • yukikenzo
    yukikenzo
    ✭✭✭
    I think only the last arena or only the last round of it count towards the achievement. Same thing in vDSA.
    Edited by yukikenzo on December 19, 2017 9:43AM
    PS5 EU
    rich in ESO, poor irl