The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mouse reticle drift

EtherSerra
EtherSerra
Soul Shriven
As of about 3 days ago, since that was the day I got the latest patch, my game has been having a drifting problem. Anytime I move the mouse, on occasion its fine, but most times the camera starts to drift. Most often it drifts in the direction the mouse was going but at other times it will go in the completely opposite direction. Generally I have to keep moving the mouse in various directions and hope that at some point it stops. This is making my gameplay absolutely atrocious, its playable, but it's getting borderline annoying with having to constantly correct the camera and hope I dont accidentally steal something while trying to activate a container.

Now before anyone starts saying so: Yes I have already tried another mouse, both wired and wireless. Yes I have already used my touchpad as well (this is a laptop). The issue still persists no matter what type of device is being used. And yes I already did the research and saw people posting about going into my computer>devices and turning off some particular setting, but here is the problem, that particular setting was never turned on to begin with. So I can't turn off something that wasn't on from the start. I hope someone can offer me some kind of answer because right now I am getting annoyed and playing very minimally with absolutely no chance to do any sort of dungeons or trials.

I am attaching a Report file I ran through the launcher that tested my system if it helps anyone understand or pinpoint my problem.
  • EtherSerra
    EtherSerra
    Soul Shriven
    Update: It appears I have figured out the problem, it seemed to have been something to do with how my game was being displayed since I had it set to Windowed (Fullscreen). When I was changing that setting earlier it stopped the drifting problem. I don't know if it was perhaps a hiccup in the setting or what but I am running a few tests currently to narrow down the problem.

Update2: Definitely something to do with the display. I switched the game to Fullscreen then back to Windowed (Fullscreen) and now everything is back to normal. Something about the last patch of the game completely messed up the display. So to anyone who ends up having the same issue with the other solutions not working, try changing your display back and forth.
    Edited by EtherSerra on November 25, 2017 9:13PM
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same thing a few times. I play windowed, so will try what you did. Thanks
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've experienced this glitch too, will try your solution
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had this issue as well but i play fullscreen. It's happened the most when i'm just exploring on my mount.
    uwu
  • Soot
    Soot
    ✭✭
    Me too I have a Razer Diamondback, wondering if it's the brand? idk but I have this issue since windows patch or some ESO patch or something.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive had this too, i always thought it was my cheapy mouse lol
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Soot
    Soot
    ✭✭
    ok so I was having relatively drift free experience for a little while then I used the center mouse hold-to-look and it started happening right away. maybe it has something to do with that?
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having this issue too as of for a week now....I will try going to full screen and then back to windowed borderless..... Oh boy it's so annoying...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a high DPI scaling issue that is causing the mouse to drift with Windows 10.

Go into your launcher folder (C>Program Files (x86)>Zenimax Online>Launcher.

Right click on execute file, select properties, the compatibility tab.

Make sure Override high DPI scaling behavior is checked and it seems the drop down below it should be Application. It probably is by default once this is checked.

You may have to do this with more than one execute in that folder and it would not hurt to do it to every execute file in that folder to be sure you have it.

EDIT: this will solve the issue with playing Windowed Full Screen. Yes, I experienced it before and searched for a bit to find the solution. It worked and no issues since.
    Edited by idk on December 17, 2017 6:02AM
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is a high DPI scaling issue that is causing the mouse to drift with Windows 10.

Go into your launcher folder (C>Program Files (x86)>Zenimax Online>Launcher.

Right click on execute file, select properties, the compatibility tab.

Make sure Override high DPI scaling behavior is checked and it seems the drop down below it should be Application. It probably is by default once this is checked.

You may have to do this with more than one execute in that folder and it would not hurt to do it to every execute file in that folder to be sure you have it.

EDIT: this will solve the issue with playing Windowed Full Screen. Yes, I experienced it before and searched for a bit to find the solution. It worked and no issues since.

It happens to me and i play on 400 dpi. I'll try this and see if it works, thanks :D
    uwu